Skills: Project Management, Geologist, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 80350
Kiewit Foundations Co. is a full-service geotechnical foundation contractor operating across North America. Our experience and expertise cover a wide range of specialty foundation construction for both structural and ground improvement solutions. We operate in the transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, industrial, and oil, gas, and chemical markets. As part of Kiewit we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides wholistic solutions to the industry that are unmatched.
Our rapidly growing foundations business, which includes drilled shafts, micropile, driven pile, augercast-in-place pile, full displacement pile, soil mixing, support of excavation, anchors, tie-backs, stone columns, and other geotechnical solutions is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit focused on delivering differentiated solutions.
We are an innovative team that works on both Kiewit projects and with other general contractors across all our markets. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit's engineering group comprised of more than 60 geotechnical engineers as well as premier external geotechnical engineering firms to deliver safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence.
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit's culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you're ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Foundations Co. has its headquarters in Omaha, NE and operates across North America via regional locations in Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, Chicago, IL, and Lenexa, KS. This position is will be assigned to the Midwest region and focus on projects in the following states Texas, Louisiana, Virginia, Colorado, Rhode Island, and Alabama. We require our employees to be open to relocation or temporary job assignments throughout this region.
Kiewit Foundations Co. is seeking project managers responsible for the successful execution of our projects. The primary duties of a project manager will focus on leadership, scheduling, cost management and forecasting, client relations, design coordination, planning, and change management. A strong technical and practical background in specialty foundations and geotechnical construction is required. Also, excellent communication and an ability to work well in a team environment are considered critical to this position.
The project manager will work with interdisciplinary teams that include structural, roadway, drainage and materials experts as well as estimators, schedulers and other construction professionals across Kiewit's divisions and other construction and engineering firms.
The project manager is responsible for on-site project operations and management. Larger and/or complex projects may require full-time on-site management while smaller, less complex projects allow for project manager to travel to/from the project as needed. Frequent travel is expected.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood
• Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for all engineering work; determine and oversee all project controls, schedules and budgets
• Serve as project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence
• Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
• Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule
• Maintain ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs
• Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements
• Provide ongoing training and mentoring to entry and midlevel engineers to promote employee development
• Utilize extensive knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones
• Bachelor's degree in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university
• At least 10+ years of related experience and/or training, specifically in the specialty foundation and/or geotechnical construction industry
• Experience working in a team setting and directing/reviewing the work of others
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions
• Ability and desire to travel to project sites.
• Open to relocation
• Professional Engineer License
• Strong all-around knowledge of geotechnical engineering, ground improvement techniques, structural deep foundation methods, and support of excavation (SOE) operations.
o Ground Improvement experience includes rigid inclusions, soil mixing, vibro-replacement (stone columns), vibro-compaction, compaction grouting, permeation grouting, jet grouting, and deep dynamic compaction
o Structural deep foundation experience includes micropiles, drilled shafts, auger-cast-in-place piles, driven piles
o Support of excavation experience includes secant pile, anchors, and tie-backs.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, Transportation, Project Manager, Compliance, Engineering, Technology, Legal