Skills: Field Development, Field Service Tech, Civil Construction, Construction Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 80992
MEC Industrial has organized strategically to actively participate and capture projects in the growing industrial market. We intend to effectively compete and win in traditional and alternate delivery procurements and position ourselves for a sustainable future. We self-perform the majority of our work and are looking for people committed to the industrial construction industry.
• Start-up and commissioning
• Hardware and systems testing
• Preventative maintenance
• Troubleshooting and repair
• Provide review of Request for Proposal (RFP) technical documents and produce estimated hours to perform requirements
• Generate Request for Quotes to systems manufactures based on quantity take-offs and system device requirements in an RFP
• Generate shop level documents for systems devices configuration, installation and testing
• Perform configuration of subsystems and preform factory acceptance testing
• Provide field site of system engineering activities
• Bachelor's degree in a construction-related field of engineering or equivalent experience and education
• At least 3 years' experience in the construction field with one of the following:
o OSP/Fiber Optics
o Networking L2 & L3
o Access Control
o IP Telephones
o IP intercoms
• Previous experience with provisioning, configuring and troubleshooting of systems related hardware.
• Ability to comprehend electro-mechanical design/installation drawings.
• Experience with leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning and organization.
• Ability to travel and relocate as required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Optics Engineering, Engineer, Construction, Field Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineering