Skills: Project Engineer, LNG
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 81679
• With regard to the portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Inspect subordinates' work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
• Listen to directions and suggestions from supervisors or other employees regarding safe and proper work practices. Evaluate that information to devise and implement a plan based on the evaluation for carrying out the duties of this position.
• Observe functionality of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
• Identify workplace safety hazards and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize them.
• Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens.)
• Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in a safe manner.
• Develop and maintain the project master schedule using appropriate techniques and scheduling software with input from other project management personnel.
• Manage document control; receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents; maintain document control log.
• Review new issue drawings and contract documents for change of conditions; quantify impact of changes and review with supervisor; distribute new issues to field.
• Prepare monthly cost projections using information generated from project management systems and prepare quarterly cash flow projections.
• Purchase and expedite delivery of materials; manage the material's control operation.
• Assist site manager in implementing the project quality/assurance control program.
• Improve project operations by recommending, as appropriate, better methods, staffing and procedural changes.
• Act as managing project engineer/coordinator on multiple projects, providing supervision and on-the-job training for lower level engineers.
• Use effective verbal and written communication skills. Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions rapidly and accurately.
• Read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize two-dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
• Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.), or Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) in engineering or construction in any discipline from a four-year college or university
• 7+ years' related experience and/or training, specifically working with Petrochemical or LNG FEED Projects
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Compliance, QA, Engineering, Legal, Quality