Skills: Project Management, Plant Operations Engineer, Refinery Specialist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 81639
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but is not necessarily limited to the following:
• Responsible for managing and directing the project team by providing the communication, coordination and follow-up necessary to meet the project goals and objectives.
• Maintains ongoing training and mentoring of project team.
• Directly responsible to senior management.
• Provides ongoing project information and project reviews as required by management.
• Establishes project procedures consistent with contractual documents and the Kiewit Company Quality Plan for all project work.
• Coordinates training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
• Monitors and ensures all discipline work is in compliance with project procedures.
• Ensures all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements.
• Ensures scope of work, schedule, and budget are clearly defined and understood by senior management and all project participants, including client.
• Determines, controls, and maintains overall project and discipline schedules and budgets.
• Tracks schedule and budget progress with project milestones and takes all action necessary to keep project on track.
• Identifies and secures necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
• Maintains ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client's needs within contractual obligations, or adjusting project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs.
• Serves as Kiewit's project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at Kick-Off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence.
• Maintains current working knowledge of basic engineering/construction fundamentals and practices through continued education and continuous review of discipline improvements.
• Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.), or Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university
• 10+ years' related experience and/or training, specifically in Refinery projects
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Project Manager, Manager, Compliance, Project Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Management, Legal