Requisition ID: 81103District Overview
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities. Position Overview
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit's module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence.Location
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office in Houston, TXPrimary Responsibilities
This position focuses on the design and specification of large aboveground LNG storage tanks of full containment and double containment design. Responsibilities include:
- Perform tank design calculations.
- Prepare data sheets, engineering guide drawings, and specifications with sufficient detail to define the equipment scope and technical requirements for inquiry and order of LNG tanks on projects.
- Specify proper LNG tank materials of construction and inspection and testing requirements.
- Perform technical bid evaluations for contractor selection.
- Review vendor documents submitted for review or approval. Act as the communication focal point for appropriate information/data between the vendor, client, and other disciplines.
- Support construction, commissioning, and startup of LNG tank systems.
- Develop criteria, guidelines, and best practices for LNG tanks to provide for a safe, efficient, cost-effective, and reliable end product.
- Train staff members on the fundamentals of LNG tank design.
While the primary focus of the position is for LNG tanks, the candidate will also be used in a similar capacity for non-cryogenic storage tanks used for hydrocarbons and water.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university.
- At least 10+ years of experience in tank design specifically in the LNG industry.
- Intermediate (practical application) to advanced (applied theory) knowledge and application of:
- Crygenic and non-cryogenic tank design codes including 49 CFR 193, NFPA 59A, API 620, API 625, API 650, and API 653.
- LNG tank design standards and best practices.
- Materials selectin, including ASTM materials specifications and materials testing specifications, used in the design and fabrication of LNG tanks.
- Quality assurance methds and practices for materials and fabrication of LNG tanks.
- Welding prcesses and practices used for LNG tanks.
- Manufacturing prcesses and operations from raw material form to fabricated product.
- Advanced proficiency using API tank design software.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD (preferred).
- Strong understanding of underlying engineering principles of best practices.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to safety, ethics, and integrity.
#LI-ES1 About Kiewit
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nearest Major Market:
Houston Job Segment:
Construction, Mechanical Engineer, Welding, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing