Skills: Civil Construction, Estimating
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 82520
• This is a team environment Lead Estimator position reporting to a Discipline Manager or Estimate Manager.
• Reviewing, analyzing and interpreting Contract Documents (RFP, specifications, drawings, and reference information) to develop detailed, comprehensive cost estimates for oil, gas, chemical projects.
• Lead and mentor a team of Junior Estimators on specific proposals.
• Ability to understand civil construction methods and be able to clearly communicate the means and methods used to price an estimate.
• Ability to make assumptions based on experience when detailed plans are not provided and front end estimating is performed based on conceptual level designs.
• Ability to perform accurate quantity takeoffs for earthwork, concrete work, structural and miscellaneous steel, underground piping and drainage.
• Identifying bid qualifications, risks, and assumptions along with quantities and pricing
ensuring estimates and proposals are performed in accordance with company practices and standards.
• Participate in estimate reviews and presentations to department heads, estimate managers and executive management.
• Manage comparisons between self-perform estimates and subcontractor quotes.
• Ability to analyze Subcontractor and Material Quotes for responsiveness to the Estimate and project requirements, including subcontractor Prequalification and Proposal assistance functions.
• Work with engineering team to preparing value engineering solutions; including cost, schedule, and Owner benefits.
• Preparing responses to Request for Qualifications (RFQ's) and Request for Proposals (RFP's).
• Providing rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates and phasing schedules.
• Degree in Engineering or Construction Management with an emphasis in Civil, Structural, Construction Management or related field is preferred.
• 10+ years experience in construction/estimating, preferably on oil, gas, chemical plant projects.
• Strong background in Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suites, as well as Construction Estimating Software (Hard Dollar experience a plus).
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic; good interpersonal skills; demonstrate good organization, verbal and written communication skills; excellent leadership skills.
• Can travel occasionally and act independently with little or no supervision and as a team player.
• Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Work as a part of a large or small pursuit team and communicate effectively between departments and other staff members.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Estimator, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Finance