Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Skills: Civil Construction, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 81187
Kiewit Foundations Co. is a full-service geotechnical foundation contractor operating across North America. Our experience and expertise cover a wide range of specialty foundation construction for both structural and ground improvement solutions. We operate in the transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, industrial, and oil, gas, and chemical markets. As part of Kiewit we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides wholistic solutions to the industry that are unmatched.
Our rapidly growing foundations business, which includes drilled shafts, micropile, driven pile, augercast-in-place pile, full displacement pile, soil mixing, support of excavation, anchors, tie-backs, stone columns, and other geotechnical solutions is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit focused on delivering differentiated solutions.
We are an innovative team that works on both Kiewit projects and with other general contractors across all our markets. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit's engineering group comprised of more than 60 geotechnical engineers as well as premier external geotechnical engineering firms to deliver safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we're supporting Kiewit or other general contractors to bore tunnels through mountains, turn rivers into energy, build bridges that connect communities, or develop facilities that power and fuel our world, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from below ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else.
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit's culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you're ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Foundations Co. has its headquarters in Omaha, NE and operates across North America via regional locations in Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, Chicago, IL, and Lenexa, KS. This position is will be assigned to the Midwest region and focus on projects in the following states Texas, Louisiana, Virginia, Colorado, Rhode Island, and Alabama. We require our employees to be open to relocation or temporary job assignments throughout this region.
As a Superintendent, you will play a significant part in the success of Kiewit Foundations Co. by directly managing the execution of field operations. We rely on Superintendents to set the highest expectations among their crew(s) for safety, quality, schedule, cost performance and team development. Every day you will bring your hands-on attitude to not only work on some of North Americas largest and unique projects but to also build builders who will continue to shape our infrastructure for generations to come.
A strong technical and practical background in specialty foundations and geotechnical construction is required. Also, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are considered critical to this position.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Form and lead an effective discipline team, delegating responsibilities and setting goals
• Assist in the hiring, training and development of craft personnel (drillers, foreman, laborers, crane operators, etc.)
• Develop and maintain open communication with crews, field engineers/coordinators, Safety, Quality, and clients.
• Assist in preparing work plans and scheduling in determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and troubleshoot problems, correct inaccuracies, and implement cost saving measures.
• Monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines for job and ensure that cost control measures are being followed.
• Monitor job safety and provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel.
• Monitor quality standards and ensure that technical specifications are being met.
• Assist with developing entire job schedules, 90 day schedules, and three week schedules. Monitor job schedule and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately.
• Advise senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. Assist in resolving such problems as required.
• 7+ years of experience in the planning, scheduling, and management of deep foundation and/or ground improvement operations
• 5+ years of supervisory experience as a superintendent
• Experience with and broad knowledge of foundation/ground improvement equipment (drills, concrete pumps, batch plants). How to use it properly and how to rapidly troubleshoot.
• Knowledge of proper pumping and placement of concrete and grout.
• Understanding of cost management processes, planning, and scheduling
• Experience working in a team setting and directing/reviewing the work of others
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions and move objects up to 30 pounds
• Ability and desire to travel and relocate as business requires. Project assignments may involve full relocation or temporary assignments facilitated by a turnaround schedule.
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future.
• Experience with automated machine controls and survey tools (Trimble, Leica, G&H)
• Strong all-around knowledge of ground improvement techniques, structural deep foundation methods, and support of excavation (SOE) operations
o Ground Improvement experience includes rigid inclusions, soil mixing, vibro-replacement (stone columns), vibro-compaction, compaction grouting, permeation grouting, jet grouting, and deep dynamic compaction.
o Structural deep foundation experience includes micropiles, drilled shafts, auger-cast-in-place piles, driven piles.
o Support of excavation experience includes secant pile, soldier pile, anchors, and tie-backs.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Corpus Christi
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Chemical Research, Geology, Labor, Engineering, Operations