Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 81241
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit's module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
• Performs complex calculations and applies standards correctly without supervision. Takes lead when works with peers.
• Develops and checks less experienced engineers to solve design issues.
• Identifies alternate solutions that relates to quality and best cost options.
• Generates solution strategies that allow use of others to work toward the solution.
• Interacts effectively with other groups to find best solutions to complex issues.
• Reviews and corrects the work of engineers and designers developing engineering and design documents as needed for the project.
• Possesses critical analytical skills and is adept at utilizing good decision making tool; high level of data analysis skills.
• Regularly performs reviews of vendor documents to ensure specifications and data sheet requirements are met.
• Provides resolutions for technically complex issues.
• Leads mid to large-size project or proposals.
• Develops mid to major-sized project or proposals with no supervision.
• Leads others in project objectives consistent with that of the organization.
• Develops and leads others in ways of improving the design and lowering cost.
• Considers multiple solutions and makes good decisions based on good data analysis.
• Manages several different assignments simultaneously.
• Applies techniques/technologies to improve processes and business results.
• Utilizes industry and company standards to design and engineer effectively.
• Creates innovative working methods to generate new ideas.
• Uses resources to identify new solutions and finds best cost solutions.
• Serves as resource to less experienced engineers.
• Reviews application of standards for correct interpretations.
• Leads projects in how to interpret and apply codes and standards.
• Leads team to identify changes in the scope of work during mid to large-sized projects.
• Produces design changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
• Recognizes the importance of customer needs.
• Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively to maximize person productivity.
• Performs and leads quality checks of the design and engineering of a mid to major-sized project to ensure accuracy.
• Establishes credibility in terms of technical competency and team leading ability.
• Prioritizes time to meet team commitments and individual work requirements.
• Contribute to the development of client proposals and project cost estimates.
• Generate design deliverables such as, but not limited to, PFD's, P&ID's, process simulations, data sheets and engineering calculations including hydraulics, process simulations and performance flow curves.
• Provide resolution of technical issues associated with design, construction, equipment and/or operations of refining and petrochemical processes.
• Plans work independently with no supervision and consults others on technical details of their work.
• Develop simulation models using dynamic simulation software such as HYSYS and DynSim.
• Develop plant-wide dynamic model for LNG/Gas plant with minimal supervision.
• Simulate centrifugal compressor response to transient events including motor sizing for startup, ESD surge avoidance, sizing of anti-surge valves and settle out pressure.
• Develop/perform studies pertaining to start-up and shutdown of LNG trains.
• Collaborate and lead design of transient relief and overpressure scenarios.
• Develop dynamic modelling for equipment selection and control system validation.
• Collaborate with client and operations/start-up to test transient scenarios.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering minimum required.
• 10-25-year minimum relevant experience in LNG and petrochemical industry.
• PE license preferred.
• Self directs work without supervision.
• Provides guidance, leadership and training to less experienced engineers.
• Leads team to complete task/design with high complexity on project.
• Work with project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
• Communicates effectively with supervisor and members of immediate department including across all departments of organization.
• Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems.
• Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines or internal customers for clarity on work.
• Works collaboratively across departments and with field to solve problems.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Serves as technical resource and point of contact for external or internal customers.
• Effectively uses Aspen HYSYS and other process simulation tools to develop project deliverables.
• Continuously looking for ways to improve processes for customers and makes recommendations for improvements.
• Expertise in commercial dynamic simulation software such as HYSYS and DynSim
• Expertise in plant-wide dynamic modelling for LNG/Gas plant
• Experience in modelling centrifugal compressor response to transient events including motor sizing for startup, ESD surge avoidance, sizing of anti-surge valves and settle out pressure.
• Experienced with conducting studies pertaining to start-up and shutdown of LNG trains.
• Experienced with the design of transient relief and overpressure scenarios.
• Experienced in performing dynamic modelling for equipment selection and control system validation.
• Experienced in collaborating with the client and operations/start-up to test transient scenarios.
*Level determined during interview based on experience and skillsets
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Hydraulics, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Engineering