Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you a proven Contracting & Procurement professional, who thrives when driving operational and commercial excellence? Have you led C&P change initiatives or set the C&P strategy? If so, this role could be perfect for you.
The Commercial Excellence Manager (C&P) is the right-hand person and thinking partner to the General Manager CP UK Upstream. The key purpose is to drive the UK Upstream C&P Continuous Improvement journey to support the delivery of the overall business ambition. Together with the GM CP, you will also co-create the C&P strategy for UK Upstream (exploration and production) which has a total 3rd party spend of c. $2bn which covers: Projects, Wells, Operations and Materials. The ambition of the team is to become the most competitive and resilient oil and gas business in the UK continental shelf and your actions will have a direct impact.
Based from our Aberdeen office, you will support the UK Upstream CPLT in development and execution of the UK Upstream CP strategy, through four key strategic themes: Best People (Learning & Development Program; recruitment; succession; talent and Knowledge Management); Commercial Powerhouse (commercial upskilling; Contract & Category strategies; externality and benchmarking); Operational Excellence (optimizing and leaning systems, processes and ways of working); Business Partnering (strengthening and optimizing team integration and ways of working in service of business delivery).
In this role, you will manage the Commercial Excellence Lead.
Key accountabilities include:
- Lead the local Manage Supply Chain (MSC) program
- Overall responsibility for the local Commercial Excellence program and delivery of Commercial Excellence initiatives/improvement projects
- Responsible for development and maintenance of local Capability Plan, and overall People agenda (including Learning & Development, talent management, recruitment, succession planning)
- Facilitate UK CP LT and XLT meetings, manage content delivery and monitor progress against agreed actions.
- Responsible for quarterly Management Information reporting, including delivery against Business Plan and performance goals
- Overall responsibility for global/functional contractual and commercial standardization projects
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Who we are looking for:
- A senior C&P professional with a proven track record of performance within a global organisation
- Experience of setting C&P strategy in alignment with overall business objectives
- You will have led/managed change initiatives to deliver improved performance
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Ideally, you will have led multicategory teams
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals
If your CV is a good fit against the requirements listed, the recruitment team will schedule an initial 30-minute call with you. If you are selected to progress, you will have a 45-minute call with the GM CP UK Upstream. The next stage would be face to face interviews. The entire process is expected to take 8 weeks.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection . This describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video