Skills: Project Management
Other Skills: Scrum
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for an Agile Coach. The Agile Coach brings best practices about Scrum adoption to the organization.
The candidate will Develop, Monitor, Measure, and Mature high performing teams and organization in Agile Transformation via the following:
- Develop Agile Adoption Strategy: The Agile Coach is responsible for designing a strategy for the organizational adoption of Agile. This includes every stage of adoption, from the introduction of Agile and employee education, to fostering teams and cultures that practice Agile, to sustaining Agile methodologies and continually offering strategies for improvement.
- Implement Agile Methodology: This task entails implementing Agile process, principles and practices across all levels and departments in an organization. The Agile Coach must use techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation. In order to do this, the Agile Coach must also embody the Agile principles and lead by example.
- Train Team: The Agile Coach must train teams at all levels, on Agile principles. They provide training sessions and teach valuable skills that lead toward the organization-wide adoption of Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum, Kanban, etc. as well as DevOps principles.
- Mentor Team: As a mentor, the Agile Coach is responsible for guiding teams in the Agile methodologies, providing employees with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth and answering questions. They provide hands-on support to all employees, collaborating with people across varying levels and roles, leading teams toward further understanding and adoption of Agile as well as overall company growth and improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years of professional experience in software development
- 7+ years' experience with Scrum development.
- 4+ years as a Scrum Master
- 2+ years Scrum coaching experience
- 2+ years of Delivering Trainings / Leading Workshops / Team Launches
- Agile Software Development Techniques: User Stories, Story Mapping, TDD, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing.
- Hands on DevOps experience (Principles and Tools in Automation and CI/CD)
- Experience with cloud frameworks (Azure, Google)
- Large team experience (multiple scrum teams working on single project)
- Industry recognized Scrum certification (CSM / CAC preferred)
- Experience with Scrum @ Scale or similar Scaling Framework (Distributed Agile)
- Multiple products delivered to market (or deployed internally)
- Desired Skills: AzureDevOps (VSTS), PowerBI, Python (Scripting), Automation & CI/CD tools
- Expert level English written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.