Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Come join us as on the journey as an Application Engineer on the Midstream and Corporate Functions Software and Applications Engineering (S&AE) Team. In this role you will learn and work with emerging technologies related to Cloud, to Microsoft Analytics and Reports (such as Power BI) and programming (such as PowerApps). You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Procurement IT Enablement Business Relationship Management Team to design solutions for business problems while coordinating the activities business and technical analysts located across multiple geographies to deliver Procurements Digital Transformation initiatives.
The Application Engineer will participate in our largest program called Source to Pay (S2P) NextGen. The S2P program is replacing our end-of-life procurement technology (Ariba) with a cloud-based tool called SMART by GEP. We are doing this in alignment with LEAP and will capitalize on advancements in digital innovation. Current program activities for S2P align with enterprise digital transformation framework, drive Procurement/Supply Chains digital culture and enable functional excellence. You will gain experience in new technologies such as APIs and Azure while working in an Agile SAFe environment. Deployments begin in 2019 and will continue for several years.
Besides both applications mentioned, we also provide solutions to other applications under our Service Catalog such as DocuSign, ProCon and READ. And you will be involved in all these exciting challenges to learn and develop your skills.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Be a contributor on the global Procurement team to deliver solutions to enable the Procurement and Supply Chain Management business processes. In this position you will learn Procurement S2P business processes and will be exposed to Ariba, SMART by GEP, DocuSign, ProCon, READ, SAP and JD Edwards.
- Participate in the development of API's by performing data mapping, writing user stories and/or testing.
- This position partners with the embedded IT organization to assess business and system requirements and align with business priorities. Our global team is located in the US, Buenos Aires, Manila and India. Flexibility in work hours will be required for meetings with resources in other geographies.
- With the implementation of a SaaS application, the Global team is responsible to work with the BRMs to Prioritize the enhancement, defects, roll outs and coordinate with the SaaS provider to get the solutions implemented as per business needs.
- Previous exposure to Ariba, SAP, and/ or JDE knowledge and the processes they support (i.e., sourcing, contracting, category management, order management, invoicing, etc.) is a plus.
- Previous experience / exposure to Low Code programming, Databases and Integrations tools is also a plus.
- If you're not familiar with these mentioned we will consider a big plus if you are willing to challenge yourself to learn, so you can participate in related technical activities and projects.
- Leadership - Adept at building strong relationships with peers on the cross functional leadership team, embedded IT organization, and other key stakeholder groups to achieve business objectives.
- Technical Experience - Demonstrated capability to understand critical business drivers and work with Business Relationship Managers to evaluate alternatives to arrive at solutions that maximize value for P/SCM. . Comfortable with Agile methodologies and Cloud Technologies. Must be comfortable working in different assignments and having his/her time divided in different activities that will involve different deliverables and challenges
- Communication - Experience in working with global teams (employees and contractors) and using multiple communication methods to ensure business objectives are clearly communicated and understood by the team. Encourage open expression of ideas and opinion while including regional team members in design discussions. Solid facilitation, presentation, and listening skills.
- Team Work - Excellent team player with ability to work both independently and in a group setting, willing to wear multiple hats. Influence team to use best practice solution or Chevron's standards.
This position is for Buenos Aires Argentina only
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.