You will be the lead quantitative analyst and responsible for supporting the Global Head of Risk Management Systems, Analytics, Reporting and Policy in establishing a center of excellence for Risk Management methodology, metrics and tools. It will include Market, Credit and Enterprise Risk Management across all commodities traded by Shell Trading & Supply.
- Responsible for modeling and quantitative analytics both financial and non-financial in support of the company's risk management effort.
- Validate and design methods and models that assess the market, credit and/or operational risks of new and existing financial products.
- Consult with practitioners, the academic community, and other financial institution in researching the development of risk management models. Manage relationships with internal stakeholders within the risk management and analytic communities.
- Ensure that risks inherent in model development and usage are properly identified and managed. • Review and update model documentation (methodology guide, user guide, policy documents, etc.).
- Develop and/or analyze quantitative models.
- Research best practices and new technologies.• Identify and solve business challenges and opportunities via data and analysis • Select internal and external data sources and analytic tools to maximize efficacy of modeling, analysis, and monitoring.
- May oversee or assist less experienced analysts.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Must have a Master's degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Statistics or other related quantitative field.
- Strong quantitative, finance and statistical background with ten (10+) plus years of work experience in Risk Management with at least six (6) years of experience with Market and Credit Risk modeling techniques.
- Strong understanding of broad commodity markets, including industry structure, trading practices, risk management techniques, and systems capabilities. Ability to handle multiple, complex projects with attention to detail while meeting deadlines.
- Skilled in the use of software to support quantitative analysis.
- Technical proficiency in Probability and Statistics and Finance o Programming skills with SAS, Visual Basic, R, and Python.
- Mastery of quantitative modeling requirements for non-parametric type of models.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of model performance measures.
- Ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Basic understanding of financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.