Skills: Commercial Management, Contracts Administration
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To provide commercial support and advice to Service Lines, Operations Groups and the Commercial Team. Responsible for preparing and coordinating quotes and tenders, reviewing basic contractual documents, and providing guidance on the terms of established contracts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- On a daily basis, log commercial enquiries and distribute as necessary.
- Compilation of tender and pre-qualification documents in order to meet deadlines as required.
- Review incoming tenders and summarise deliverables to all stakeholders.
- Prepare standard ROV quote, provide assistance in the compilation of other Business Unit's quotes and route for approval in line with defined processes.
- Review basic contractual documents (PO's Work Orders, Service Orders) from a contractual and commercial perspective to ensure compliance with company policies and practices.
- Negotiate anomalies and exceptions within contractual documents with clients (e.g. resolve entity issues, applicable contractual terms and conditions, delivery dates, quantity and pricing issues)
- Manage the internal inputs into tenders and obtain appropriate advice to ensure a timely and compliant response (e.g. tax, legal, contracts, compliance, HSE, QA etc, as appropriate).
- Liaison with the senior commercial team and administrators to facilitate compilation of tender documentation.
- Communicate with external and internal clients for the purposes of gathering feedback and associated monitoring and filing.
- Update commercial department databases.
- Provide guidance on contractual obligations to ensure work is performed/delivered in accordance with agreed Terms.
- Prepare requests for contractual deviations and amendments in line with changing requirements.
- Prepare handover documents to other departments.
- Assist with maintaining department filing systems.
- Provide general assistance to Commercial Department as required.
- Check completeness of department filing systems and communicate discrepancies.
- Compile and update standard boilerplate and other related commercial material.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
Reports to: Senior Tender Supervisor
- Experience in reviewing tenders and preparing quotes, preferably in the subsea workspace.
- Familiarity with Contracts within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Familiarity with Oil and Gas Industry Contracts.
- Ability to manage workload in line with key dates for delivery.
- Seek appropriate support and guidance in order to deliver the required output.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal departments and external clients.
- Skilled in operating basic office software packages (e.g. MS Word, Excel, XaitPorter, PeolpleSoft.
- Flexible approach to work schedules in line with the demands of supporting wide geographical demands across multiple time zones.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.