Skills: Business Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
The primary role of the Sales Executive is to undertand our capacity and develop logistics and supply chain opportunities, including marine, warehousing and materials management. The BD Executive is involved in market research, prospecting for new business, developing sales and marketing strategies, developing relationships with potential clients and suppliers, making pitches to potential clients, and overseeing the development of the business. Strategic planning is a key part of the role and the BD Executive, working closely with Management to identify opportunities for business development and to execute strategic development projects.
Roles & Responsibilies
Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Offer support/information/completion of any strategic projects and business plans, working closely with operations teams.
- Gain an understanding of the potential marketplace and opportunities
- Prospect for potential new clients and identify the decision makers within the client organisation
- Take initiative to actively ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging networks
- Travel as necessary to conduct market research, including meetings with clients, suppliers, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Research and build relationships with new clients and suppliers
- Plan approaches and pitches
- Present all services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Attend meetings and report on local business progress and opportunities
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Submit progress reports and ensure data is accurate
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system
- Work across divisions to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Understand the company's goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company's performance
Anyone wishing to be considered for the position should submit a CV and accompanying letter.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.