Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Laboratory Technician for a permanent position, located in Westhill.
The General Laboratory Technician directs and performs verifiable quality assurance tests on company products, prepares laboratory reports prior to service delivery on location, provides advanced technical support with additive selection and the design of drilling, reservoir fluids and completion fluids as well as supervises and mentors personnel and maintains links with the Client Support Labs and/or Operating districts, Product Centers and InTouch. Is considered as an expert testing and fluid selection.
- Complies with all Company & Regulatory HS&E & Quality and IT standards and policies. Wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required & maintains required HS&E & SQ certifications up-to- date.
- Performs advanced additive selection and design of fluids in assigned sub Product Line and recommends solutions to improve the process.
- Supervises personnel to ensure equipment is clean and in proper working condition and proper disposal of Lab waste. Monitors the operation, maintenance and calibration of Lab equipment.
- Prepares presentations for internal and external clients.
- Mentors and coaches the less experienced personnel, monitors their development and acts as a role model for Lab personnel.
- Performs regular Audits (including CAT Audits) to ensure the Lab is operating as per the required standards, prepares and follows up on the action plans as a result of the audit.
- Assists the Laboratory Manager and in ensuring clean, orderly and safe working conditions in the laboratory, disposal of laboratory waste according to properly conducted methods..
- Manages his/her career with guidance from GMTE/DTE and support from Lab Manager.
- Develops an advanced understanding of knowledge management tools through the use of InTouch, LabDB and the Client Support Lab.
- Assist the GMTE, DTE, Product Champions and CSL with technical support as required.
- Participates in the District HS&E & Quality initiatives and programs (eg. SOIM's, Risk Assessments, Quality Improvements, Emergency Response Plan, HSE and SQ Objectives, LPT and SQC).
- Performs Risk Analysis and identifies & addresses potential safety hazards. Corrects and report hazards immediately in QUEST or to Supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Diploma / Degree in Chemistry
- Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Completion of all SCDP requirements
- Behavior: Adaptability, Communication - Verbal & Written, Leadership and Teamwork