Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Instrument Technician for a permanent position, located offshore - North Sea.
Required to safely and efficiently carry out assigned maintenance tasks within agreed scope of authority and within competence level on all items of equipment within discipline and identify cost effective improvements to these tasks that will enhance safety and/or reliability performance.
- Perform maintenance and repair activities, as directed by Maintenance Team Leader, including preventative maintenance and performance monitoring of critical equipment. Provide a technical service to the platform on all matters related to offshore maintenance of equipment within recognised discipline.
- Liaise with Production Technicians on the shutdown, isolation and restart of plant being maintained to ensure non availability of equipment is kept to a minimum.
- Work safely maintaining a constant awareness of potential hazards and the measures implemented to mitigate the risk. Actively participate in safety improvement plans and systems including STOP, ABSA, PFM, etc. As required, participate in root cause analysis of problems.
- Identify changes to operational procedures, maintenance practices or engineering design that will be of most value in improving safety and/or reliability, thereby reducing costs and/or increasing revenues.
- Ensure that all work being performed within designated area is carried out with due regard to Permit to Work (PTW) procedures. Perform duties of Performing Authority for areas of the platform as designated in platform Standing Orders. Be responsible for any plant and equipment to render it safe for PTW purposes. Prepare all equipment and facilities in liaison with Production Technicians for start-up following major platform shutdowns.
- Input data or provide the necessary data to others to allow accurate, complete and up-to-date records of work requests (notifications), work history and hours expended to be maintained in SAP and other computer based systems as required. Maintain other records for plant and equipment as specified. Requisition as necessary such materials as are routinely required.
- Contribute towards ensuring that relevant Operations Department performance metrics are achieved. Maintain an awareness of budget and assist in control of costs within the Operations Department.
- Conduct handover with oncoming shift to ensure continuous safe operation of platform facilities. Complete a comprehensive shift log to include details of activities taken place during the shift. Such log to include any changes to equipment and PTW status. Contribute to handover document.
- Participate fully in emergency response teams to ensure a continued ability to respond quickly and effectively to emergencies.
- Deputise for Maintenance Team Leader as required.
- Liaise directly with onshore engineers to resolve technical problems as required.
- Engineering apprenticeship, preferably qualified to ONC, City and Guilds, Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) or BTEC (EDEXEL) standard followed by practical experience in the maintenance of one or more of the following: Petrochemicals, Power Plant, Process Control, Telecommunications, as appropriate
- Successful attainment of Level 3 SVQ competence award in Engineering Maintenance of Plant and Equipment or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Permit to Work OJT and competency assessment as Performing Authority and Authorised Gas Tester as appropriate.