Port-Gentil, Ogooue-Maritime, Gabon
Port-Gentil, Ogooue-Maritime, Gabon
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Port-Gentil, Ogooue-Maritime, Gabon
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Assala Energy is a young and dynamic Oil and Gas Exploration and Production company with an exciting operated asset base in Gabon, firm core values and a keen sense of responsibility to our employees and stakeholders.
We are now looking for an inspirational and highly articulate HSSE leader, with a wealth of experience in transforming existing practices to deliver a risk-based, fit-for-purpose and dynamic approach to HSSE Management Standards, Commitments and Objectives as HSSE Special Projects Lead.
As the HSSE Special Projects Lead your main focus will be to support the Assala Gabon HSSE Manager in the delivery of key HSSE objectives and management of HSSE risks within Assala Gabon operational activities.
Your work scope will include:
- Continuously improve and sustain integrated HSSE planning, risk management and assurance activities across the business
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement HSSE improvement opportunities
- Participate in incident reviews and investigations where appropriate, and provide training and quality assurance of incident investigations
- Directly support activities with significant HSSE risks and delivery of HSSE specific projects and objectives
- Collaborate with the Assala Gabon Projects and Operations teams and within the Assala Gabon HSSE team on delivery of specific tasks and longer term objectives
- Provide support and guidance to other team members to ensure delivery of results where possible, by building efficient working relationships with others and making a constructive contribution within immediate team
- Ensure application of appropriate HSSE, Risk Management and Assurance processes, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mindset, understanding the difference between non-negotiatiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus
- Promoting strong connect across the wider HSSE organisation to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices
- Collaborate with external suppliers, contractors or training providers as required
- Graduate in Environmental Sciences/Engineering or related fields with proven 10+ years of experience in the area of HSSE in both operational and corporate roles in the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry
- Deep technical knowledge of HSSE and Business Management Practices including management standards, risk and assurance frameworks, project management, emergency response, incident investigations, root cause analysis, audit and assurance
- Good understanding and application of international best practices including ISO and IFC Standards
- Proven success in a similar role, ideally in Africa or in another emerging economy
- You are self-motivated, and have demonstrated excellent leadership and project management skills
- Uncompromising outlook on HSSE, ethics and compliance
- Culturally sensible, you appreciate the importance of excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact efficiently with internal and external stakeholders
- As this is a role based in a Francophone country, fluency in French is highly desirable.
This is a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months with extension, and you will be working on a 28/28 rotation out of Port Gentil, Gabon.
Please note that Assala Energy does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies outside our PSL, and we take no responsibility for fees that may arise as a result.