Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
OPERATED OFFSHORE OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT
Primary Purpose of Job
Plan, perform, supervise and coordinate the geological and geophysical activities in order to update geological frameworks and models for QP oilfields. Undertake geological studies of the reservoirs to optimize field development plans. Analyze and evaluate sub-surface data and to establish most suitable geological models for utilization in simulation. Review/interpret sub-surface data and generate optimized drillable well locations and well proposals, and coordinate geological operations.
The key accountabilities include:
• Supervises and construct 3D static models of carbonate reservoirs for the purpose of reservoir simulation and field development planning. Develop geological conceptual models to support structural and property modelling.
• Plans, supervises the acquisition of and analyze/interpret geological, geophysical and petrophysical data for/from new appraisal, development and infill wells. Provide input into integrated reservoir/field development studies.
• Establishes workflows and participates in geophysical, geological and petrophysical study and operational peer reviews related to well and reservoir field management and plans, identifies and recommends new drilling locations and subsurface targets for producers/injectors/observers to optimize field development.
• Reviews and participate in evaluating volumes Initially in Place and updates geological models periodically as a result of ongoing drilling, production depletion and test data analysis. Incorporate findings into Annual Review of Reserves and updates review as necessary
• Plans and develops geological inputs into the short term (drill/replacement well projects and drilling operations), medium term (reservoir voidage management) and long term (field development and asset value optimization) activities.
• Contribute to well proposals/prognosis for new wells and update the geological models based on well results.
• Initiates, QC and co-ordinate in-house/out-sourced specialized geological and reservoir characterization studies and QA/QC geological data and maintain geological databases in Studio/Petrel master project.
• Plans and leads on-the job coaching and development of Qatari staff in the discipline.
• B.Sc. degree in Geology or Petroleum Engineering or Geophysics with extensive petroleum geology training. M.Sc. is preferred.
• Should be computer literate and have extensive experience working on seismic acquisition, processing, interpretation, mapping, and geo-modeling software.
Experience & Skills
• 15+ years experience as a Geologist with a broad knowledge in all aspects of integrated subsurface reservoir studies and well operations.
• Expertise in building 3D static models for carbonates and fractured reservoirs using latest modelling techniques.
• Skills in field development studies, carbonate sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, carbonate and fractured reservoirs characterization, geo-modelling and resource volume assessment.• Experience of working on mature producing fields where the integration of production data has been used to constrain their maps and interpretations.
• Experience of working with SPE-PRMS compliant initially in place volumes assessment methodology.
• Experience in wellsite geology, well planning and operations, and well and reservoir management.
• Supervisory experience of 2 to 3 years and past work experience in middle-east carbonate reservoirs is required.
• Be fully conversant and have good working knowledge of all relevant computer applications in his discipline, including geo-modeling software such as Petrel. Additionally, a working understanding of the software used by the other disciplines in the team is desirable (Landmark software, Techlog, IP, Eclipse).
• Desirable to have knowledge in seismic interpretation and fault mapping, well log interpretation, reservoir simulation modelling and well completion.
• Due to the complex nature of the job, expected to work independently with minimum supervision in accordance with QP approved department policies, guidelines and procedures
• Should have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
• Experience working in integrated asset team environment and development of the mature fields.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, contractors and management.
• Experience mentoring less experienced staff.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa