Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
OPERATED OFFSHORE OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT
Primary Purpose of Job
Plan, supervise, coordinate and control the collection, analysis and evaluation of geophysical data for well and reservoir studies in order to generate appropriate field development plans. Provide geophysical support for QP oil fields. Conduct reservoir management activities. Participate in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams. Develop and mentor less experienced staff. Review technical work performed by geophysicists. The principal accountabilities include:• Responsible for detailed seismic interpretation, structural framework evaluations and mapping of carbonate reservoir architecture for input to 3D geological models.• Builds velocity models and capable of carrying out different techniques in time-depth conversion.• Conducts studies in seismic attribute analysis, AVO, seismic inversion, rock physics and seismic facies analysis.• Performs detailed geo-hazard analysis for well planning and contributes to well proposals and prognosis• Recommends geophysical data acquisition to support studies and drilling activities and reviews and evaluate the results of geophysical studies by third parties and participates in design and planning of seismic acquisition.• Contributes to well planning for an upcoming development drilling program• Develops geophysical standards and workflows manages the seismic interpretation software, Petrel and Landmark softwares• Reviews and participate in evaluating Stock Tank Oil Initially in Place (STOIIP) and updates geological models periodically as a result of ongoing drilling, production depletion and test data analysis. Incorporate findings into Annual Review of Reserves and updates review as necessary.• Coordinates management of, seismic acquisition and processing contracts.• Plans and lead on-the job coaching and development of Qatari staff in the discipline.
• B.Sc. degree in Geophysics or Geology with extensive geophysics training. M.Sc. is preferred.
• Should be computer literate and have extensive experience working on seismic acquisition, processing, interpretation, mapping, and geo-modeling software.
Experience & Skills
• 15+ years experience as a Geophysicist with a broad knowledge in all aspects of conducting geophysical studies.
• Expertise in seismic interpretation and fault mapping of carbonate reservoirs, and integrated reservoir studies.
• Skills in quantitative seismic interpretation including seismic attribute analysis, AVO, seismic inversion, rock physics and seismic facies analysis to map reservoir architecture and for fractures characterization
• Good knowledge of stratigraphy/structural geologic principles.
• Experience of working in fields with fractured carbonate reservoirs
• Experience with seismic and VSP acquisition and processing.
• Be fully conversant and have good working knowledge of all relevant computer applications in his discipline, such as Petrel, Landmark, and Hampson-Russel software for geophysical applications. Additionally, a working understanding of the software used by the other disciplines in the team is desirable (Petrel, Techlog, IP, Eclipse).
• Supervisory experience of 2 to 3 years and past work experience in Middle-East carbonate reservoirs is required.
• Experience in the Petrel 3D fault modelling, reservoir geology and field development will be a definite advantage.
• Due to the complex nature of the job, expected to work independently with minimum supervision in accordance with QP approved department policies, guidelines and procedures
• Should have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
• Experience working in integrated asset team environment and development of the mature fields.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, contractors and management
• Experience mentoring less experienced staff.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa