At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.Role Summary:
The Logistics Control Tower Leader works within Global Logistics organization and manages international and domestic logistics execution and performance.Essential Responsibilities:
- Manage operations for Logistics Control Tower, 4PL setup managed through Transport Management System and SAP (Baker Hughes ERP), that serves multiple countries across Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia
- Manage financials of Control Tower from planning the budget, continuous cost control & spend reduction through value creation initiatives, and taking all measures to meet the budget
- Drive continuous improvement to improve functional productivity and team performance through SMART goals, training and development
- Manage end-to-end transportation while ensuring customs and regulatory compliance and vendor development
- Interacts with Freight Forwarders, Transportation Carriers, Customs Clearing Agents, and Customs Representatives to ensure efficient and effective service delivery
- Manage rate conformance and performance of Logistics Vendors for day-to-day operations
- Develop and maintain conformance to standard operating procedures for all shipping and modes of transportation
- Market Control Tower operations to showcase capabilities and the value to business
- Collaborate with Region & Product Line Logistics, Manufacturing, Materials Management Procurement, Quality Assurance and other cross functional teams/stakeholders to drive cost and lead time optimization for Logistics
- Drive Global Logistics & Distribution strategy by effectively managing assigned special initiatives
- Develop communication plan and operating rhythm to update progress on key deliverables to the stakeholders, both vertically and horizontally
- Conduct monthly and quarterly business reviews with Leadership to review progress
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in all dealings with both internal & external customers and vendors
- Demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in Engineering or Supply Chain Management or Logistics or Operations Mgmt.
- 5+ years of experience in a compliant supply chain environment example - manufacturing/repair & maintenance/ warehousing/ logistics & distribution with at least 3 years of supervisory/ managerial experience
- Previous Project management experience with a demonstrated ability to lead implementation of complex project as well as manage teams effectively
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels functions: able to deliver messages effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be willing to travel and relocate, if required
- LEAN expertise, including LEAN Six Sigma process methodology
- Ability to lead, energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within the organization.
- Strong PC skills with working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP and any TMS is a plus
- Masters in Supply Chain Mgmt./ Business Administration
- APICS certified (CPIM/CSCP/CLTD) and Lean certification
- Proven record of success implementing complex projects in a matrixed organization
- Strong organizational, inter-personal skill and demonstrated teamwork skill
- Ability to work within a matrix organizational environment
- Ability to structure management and process reporting
- Dependability: Being reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed and fulfilling obligations
- Accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situation, this includes continuing to preserve and remaining calm in a challenging or frustrating circumstances
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia