Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Sales, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Commercial Operations activities of Asia & Pacific for projects / MROs such as analyzing inquiries(commercial and technical), preparing strategic proposals, processing orders, etc for Baker Hughes F&PT products. The individual shall be ready to travel in the region to meet customers whenever required. This role reports to Senior Commercial Manager - Proposals. This role has no direct reports.
- Prepare and submit quality technical and commercial proposals
- Select optimized products and proper accessories in accordance with the customers' requirements, codes and applications understanding to generate sound technical proposals
- Estimate cost and prepare commercial proposals
- Prepare deviations and clarifications lists as required
- Assist in clarifying commercial terms and conditions
Build positive and professional relationships with customers / Channel Partners / factories / other departments
- Collect and analyze customers' requirements
- Communicate with customers / Channel Partners to fix the product specifications
- Liaise with customers / Channel Partners for technical and commercial matters
- Liaise with various factories / departments for internal negotiations / betterment
- Operate Baker Hughes tools such as sizing programs, iStore, Oracle, ENOVIA, etc
- Prepare the order packages
- Review purchase orders received to ensure commercial and technical portions are correct and align with proposals
- Prepare the documents and instructions for orders handover to the Customer Service team / Engineering team
Assist Sales team activities
- Prepare the technical materials for Sales / Channel Partners / customers
- Attend the technical meetings with the Sales when required
Develop the skilled staffs
- Train and mentor junior staffs for knowledge improvement
- Train and mentor Channel Partners to be self-sufficient in managing the day to day customer needs
- Bachelor's degree Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 8 or more years related experience in a similar position and organization, preferably control valves or related experience either in oil and gas, power plant or chemical industry
- Process Application know how for Oil & Gas and Power industry
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and strong interpersonal skills
- Good time management
- Positive, aggressive, open mind, achiever, customer oriented & team player
- Good knowledge in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint