Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Moscow, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Support business strategy to grow in Russia-Caspian region while ensuring compliance risks are appropriately managed and mitigated, adequate processes and internal controls are in place.
1. Conduct enhanced due diligence reviews of customers to identify, assess and mitigate region-specific compliance and regulatory risks arising from both new and existing commercial relationships:
• verify history and business profile of potential customers to ensure they have a record free of integrity issues and will not expose to any potential liability;
• perform deal structure analysis of the proposed transaction with a target to identify any circumstances that might raise a risk of improper payments, money laundering, evasion of taxes, customs requirements and currency restrictions;
• address red flags resulting from the due diligence review by using risk-based approach and make sure no transaction gets green light until such red flags or concerns are resolved;
• document due diligence performed and provide substantiated decision on the proposed deal to the responsible sales team and risk mitigation plan if applicable.
2. Advise on region-specific tasks:
• monitors compliance risk and ensures that the Region Compliance Leader is immediately aware of ethical and legal compliance issues that may arise in the region.
• coordinates closely with other members of the Compliance department supporting the product companies in the region.
• promotes an open environment and communicates all reporting channels to employees.
• provides customized, interactive communication, education and training programs tailored to local laws, country-specific needs, trend analyses, and/or risk assessments.
• participates in, and/or supports ethics and legal compliance-related investigations that arise in the business and ensures matters are closed in a timely manner.
• support Regional Compliance Leader with JVs oversight, establish strong link and connection with JV's personnel to ensure compliance culture and provide / support compliance trainings.
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
• Knowledge of or experience with such compliance related issues as improper payments, controllership, remote sites, AML, ITC.
• Superior communication skills, incl. the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests and ability to share lessons learned.
• Strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, passion for excellence.
• A work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership and ability to work in a matrixed reporting environment.
• Ability to work in complex international environment, substantial experience working in different cultures and open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity.
• Fluency in English and Russian
• Computer literacy