Skills: Marketing, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The sky is the limit with your creativity in this role. You will play a critical role in managing the assessment, design, and implementation of internal employee communications across a broad set of platforms and channels.
Objectives are to ensure messages are appropriately planned to drive the strong alignment and engagement of broad employee audiences and stakeholder groups. This role will be tasked with communications planning, development, client engagement, stakeholder analysis, execution and measurement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead role in communication planning efforts, to include development and oversight of SL internal communication calendar, traffic management, and establishment of ongoing review and measurement process with team members and other stakeholders.
• Create and deliver corporate communications to employees according to established guidelines. This includes communications to specialized/target audiences as appropriate.
• Support the development and execution of communication plans that drive employee awareness, engagement and alignment to company strategy.
• Advise internal client groups and business partners on communications best practices.
• Measure communications effectiveness using a variety of methods (surveys, focus groups, website metric analysis, etc.) and recommend improvements.
• Provide support as needed on special projects, such as crisis management training and critical external communication efforts.
• Must have the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively across organizational boundaries to accomplish goals
• An expert collaborator who builds strong relationships.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Requires minimum of BA or BS qualification in Journalism, English, Marketing or related field.
• Oil and Gas industry experience preferred.
• A proven record of building and developing business relationships in a global matrixed organization.
• At least 3+ years of experience in a communications role, or in a creative agency environment.
• Project experience managing small to large-scale projects.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including proofreading and copy editing.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects with tight timelines and aggressive deadlines.
• Adaptable to changing business priorities and objectives.
• Able to work independently or in a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate to business partners at all levels of the organization.
• Oil and Gas industry experience preferred.
- Schlumberger is committed to safety. All employees must follow all safety procedures and take all safety precautions to ensure freedom from the occurrence or risk of injury, danger, or loss at all times;
- Employees are responsible for understanding and following all laws and regulations applicable to their job responsibilities.
• Proficiency with Social Media tools and platforms (including Yammer).
• Proficiency with Microsoft tools, such as SharePoint.
• Working knowledge of video production and editing software
• Experience with business process and change management efforts.
• Demonstrable skill in communicating technical information to a non-technical audience
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contra
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.