Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Other Skills: 2 yr Degree in Sciences preferred but not required.
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $19.00 /hr
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The General Laboratory Technician directs and performs verifiable quality assurance tests on company products, prepares laboratory reports prior to service delivery on location, provides advanced technical support with additive selection and the design of stimulation and/or cementing fluids, supervises and mentors personnel and maintains links with the Client Support Labs and/or Operating districts, Product Centers and InTouch. Is considered as an expert testing and fluid selection.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complies with all Company & Regulatory HS&E & Quality and IT standards and policies. Wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required & maintains required HS&E & SQ certifications up-to-date.
- Performs advanced additive selection and design of fluids in assigned sub segment and recommends solutions to improve the process.
- Supervises personnel to ensure equipment is clean and in proper working condition and proper disposal of Lab waste. Monitors the operation, maintenance and calibration of Lab equipment.
- Prepares presentations for internal and external clients.
- Mentors and coaches the less experienced personnel, monitors their development and acts as a role model for Lab personnel.
- Performs regular Audits (including CAT Audits) to ensure the Lab is operating as per the required standards, prepares and follows up on the action plans as a result of the audit.
- Assists the Laboratory Manager and in ensuring clean, orderly and safe working conditions in the laboratory, disposal of laboratory waste according to properly conducted methods..
- Manages his/her career with guidance from GMTE/DTE and support from Lab Manager.
- Develops an advanced understanding of knowledge management tools through the use of InTouch, LabDB and the Client Support Lab.
- Assist the GMTE, DTE, Product Champions and CSL with technical support as required.
- Participates in the District HS&E & Quality initiatives and programs (eg. SOIM's, Risk Assessments, Quality Improvements, Emergency Response Plan, HSE and SQ Objectives, LPT and SQC).
- Performs Risk Analysis and identifies & addresses potential safety hazards. Corrects and report hazards immediately in QUEST or to Supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Skills: - Adaptability- Communication - Verbal & Written- Leadership- Team work- Initiative Education Requirements: Education:- High School Diploma or GED- Diploma / Degree not required.
Hours: 7:00am to 7:00pm
Rotation Detail: No reimbursement for travel. 7-2-7-4 Switching day/night shift.
Location: 6900 Big Blue Ave Midland TX 79706 United States
Education: Min. 2 yr Degree in Sciences preferred but not required.
Oil and Gas Consultants and Engineers You Can Trust
Our primary focus is engineering, well-site supervision and project management both in the drilling and completions phases of any project. CPS has a growing number of engineers and consultants that have worked in over 42 countries and in all types of environments. Our talented team and their dedication to excellence and superior service has been and continues to be what sets CPS apart from the competition.