Skills: Operations Management, Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
As OCEANSMART Product Manager the role leads the strategy, planning, delivery and in-life optimization of the OCEANSMART product, translating business strategy into product strategy. The Product Manager will develop a vision and roadmap for the product based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research and their own industry insight. They will work closely with Business Analysis Development/Engineering and other teams to deliver products that align with this vision, meet market needs and are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard. They will develop a forecast for the product based on input from marketing, sales, market analysts and their own experience and manage its delivery. They will identify the key benefits and value of products. This will be used to create and maintain marketing plans and collateral (including web updates, product training materials and sales training).
While the preference is for this position may be located in Stavanger, Norway, it may also be located in Houston, Texas or the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate business strategy into product strategy
- Own the product roadmap
- Execute product strategy
- Drive action throughout the organization to get products to market
- Plan and carry out product launches
- Manage product profitability and commercial success - own the business case
- Provide insight to stakeholders on the product and market
- Provide product marketing with insights on key differentiators and messages
- Write high-level requirements
- Manage all aspects of in-life products, including customer feedback, requirements, and issues
- Understand and commit to the vision and innovation in the MIP business plan and work tirelessly to execute on the strategy
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Manage the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Collect, manage and maintain traceability of requirements from all stakeholders across product releases
- Write the business case for investments and gain internal approval
- Write Product Requirements and Market Requirements documents
- Work with internal stakeholders and third parties to assess and establish partnerships
- Be the recognized expert in the business on the product, the market, relevant technology and the competition.
- Develop core positioning and messaging for the product
- Monitor, report and improve product performance
- Run trials and MVPs, develop and deliver industry user groups
- Commission market and competitor research
- Promote the product to sales teams through sales training sessions,
- Develop and deliver training through Customer Success
- Collate feedback from sales and customers
- Evangelize the product internally and externally
- Be recognised as a leader in the business and build relations with business stakeholders
- Contribute to the marketing required to launch products
- Deliver a regular (e.g. monthly) volume, revenue and profit forecasts
- Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities
- Reports to the Director, Maritime Digital Products, Sales & Marketing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent understanding of Bulk Maritime Supply chain including chartering, brokering, and voyage/vessel operations/management.
- Extensive experience working with Maritime/trade software and outsourcing services
- Masters in Business Administration
- A desire to change an industry that has never desired change
- Desire to be a part of working from a small team to a major operation
- Must be a team player
- A person whose motivation is tipped towards live to work is preferred to work to live.
- Ability to quickly learn new products, interfaces, and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Ability to work effectively in a multi team environment (in person and distributed)
This position requires significant travel which is characterized as follows.
- Regular customer travel
- Regular air travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.