Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosharon, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The candidate prepares and maintains engineering or sustaining project design layouts, production drawings and other related documentation per ANSI/ Schlumberger standards completely and accurately considering methods of manufacture, tolerance, and their effect on related parts or assemblies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead completion of routine corrections utilizing ECR & ECO process
- Prepares average to high complexity original mechanical layouts and detailed designs using the CAD system
- Depending on seniority, prepares and maintains the most complex mechanical product/production drawings and other related documentation from layouts, sketches, or verbal instruction using the CAD system on a consistent and competent basis.
- Responsible for the accuracy of his/ her own assignments except features of design which are the responsibility of the project engineer.
- Possesses a total understanding of ANSI drafting methods, standards and procedures.
- Possesses a total understanding manufacturing processes and techniques, and interpretation of ANSI/ Schlumberger standards and procedures
- Maintains accurate status reports on all projects assigned.
- Possess mechanical aptitude based on hands on experience.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Depending on the local education system, this can be Diplomas, high school graduate preferably followed with two year technical school or associate degree, engineering degrees. All should be in the relevant subject (electrical, manufacturing or specifically drafting).
• Business Systems (product file management system, ERP)
• Relevant CAD Systems
• Mechanical Design
• Manufacturing Technology
• Material Selection
• Mechanical System Design
• Product Maintainability
• Product Reliability
• Simulation, Modeling and Testing
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
• Good communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to contribute independently
• Quality and detail oriented
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Successful applicants will be employed through a Schlumberger approved third-party contracting company and assigned to Schlumberger projects. In certain circumstances, contractors may be considered for direct employment by Schlumberger as vacancies arise, and according to performance.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.