Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Princeton, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The purpose of the Controls Systems Engineer is to improve refinery safety, operations, and profitability through the design, implementation and maintenance of process control systems, electrical power systems and network interfaces. Additionally, to supervise the activities of the Instrument/Electrical craftsmen to accomplish objectives in E&I maintenance.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages, coordinates and designs or assists in design and implementation of control related projects through a gated process
- Projects involve:
- Specification, purchase and maintenance of various systems, computers, networking and/or peripheral equipment
- Design of controls or approval of contractor's design
- Coordination with instrumentation engineers on instrument hardware and configuration required for control and commissioning of refinery controls
- Coordination with operators on control design and implementation
- Manages projects to control budget and schedule as planned
- Systematically review current process control systems, instruments and electrical power systems to improve reliability and prevent unexpected failures
- Specifies instrumentation and PLC's or selects vendors to provide the best solution to a problem or project.
- Develops plans for future control work and associated computer systems, equipment and software based on economics and necessity
- Stays abreast of technology in control and computer hardware/software to effectively plan for future projects and upgrade of equipment
- Responsible for updating program changes in computer software to support field instrument modifications/additives
- Designs control systems and process systems to ensure safe and effective operation
- Responsible for the reliable operation of site process control systems, instruments, analyzers and electrical power distribution systems
- Designs and maintains operator interface to computer supervisory controls
- Evaluates feasibility and recommends changes to process control design to improve unit operation or as required for advanced control projects
- Specifies and designs control systems to enhance unit operation or to solve unit problems, including hardware and software
- Establish the performance standards for maintenance utilizing KPI's, develop the method of measurement and provide timely and routine feedback to those responsible for the performance (performance management)
Monitors process control systems daily to ensure best performance
Ensures process control systems are operating reliably, are secure, and are maintained
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required; Chemical or Electrical preferred
- Three (3) years of process control systems or process engineering in petroleum refinery or related industry preferred
- Experience in electrical power distribution maintenance including large electric motors, switchgear, transformers, and medium (15KV)/low voltage industrial equipment
- 5 years experience in a supervisory role or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Working knowledge of national codes/standards such as NEC, NESC, NFPA70, ISA and others
- Knowledge of DCS, PLCs/SISs, HMIs, Microsoft Operating Systems, and/or computer network architecture
- Knowledge of field instrumentation and analyzers
- Experience with ISA regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of Honeywell Experion, APACS, RTP, Triconex, and/or Allen Bradley PLCs is preferred
- Capable of demonstrating the necessary leadership skills that will make this individual successful in this role
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Effective team skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite
About Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
A Commitment to Excellence in Hydrocarbon Specialty Products
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products; produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel; and provides oilfield services and products to customers throughout the United States.
Calumet is based in Indianapolis and produces nearly 3,500 unique specialty products used in the development of the world’s most trusted brands and products. Calumet is vertically integrated and holds a comprehensive portfolio of branded products for use in commercial, industrial, and consumer applications. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, the company employs approximately 1,600 people and operates 10 facilities across North America, including 9 specialty products manufacturing and production facilities. Calumet products and services are available in approximately 52 countries across the world; serving approximately 4,400 customers globally.