Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Drilling Consultant, Surveying
Other Skills: Business Development, Sales,
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
The Drilling Integrity Services team is the global leader for independent technical assurance and advisory services to the drilling and well construction industry. For over thirty-five years, our expertise has been integral to reducing operational risk, improving operational performance and meeting compliance in the drilling industry through execution of Rig Intake Services. Our client base includes oil & gas operators, drilling contractors and other industry and regulatory bodies.
Execute strategies and techniques to achieve sales targets, map potential customers and generate sales leads, opportunities and revenue for the organization in line with strategic sales plan and objectives.
- Adhere to and support the LR Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements
- Research market trends and drivers within the drilling and well construction industry, current / potential clients, determining client needs and LR value proposition(s) to maximise sales leads and opportunity generation.
- Develop and execute a targeted Sales Plan within allocated region to achieve agreed sales target for Rig Intake Services, including rig selection, inspection and acceptance.
- Attend client meetings to promote and sell LR services, to understand client needs and build / maintain relationships with LR clients and stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to cross sell with other LR service lines, including joint services, joint client meetings.
- Be the main point of contact for the clients as well as establishing personal contact with key influencing personnel.
- Ensure client relationship management plans are promoted and maintained, using a multi-level approach if applicable.
- Monitor, report on, upload to SalesForce and disseminate as appropriate all client meetings and visits as well as all aspects of competitor activity for each client and general client activity.
- Ensure meetings are well managed and that actions are closed out.
- Support department during proposal and tender development, ensuring they reflect client needs in order to achieve best possible position to win contracts.
- Aid the Marketing team to publish white papers, case studies and other marketing material.
- Support LR client engagement events.
- Pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness.
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards.
Technical / Professional Qualifications / Requirements:
The candidate should have an engineering and/or business qualification combined with previous experience in a business development / sales position and client facing role with ideally an established profile within the industry:
- An engineering background would be desirable but not a requirement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills / confident presenter / good listener.
- A natural desire and drive to be externally focussed with an ability to identify new clients and business opportunities (including cold calling).
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within organisations and to influence successfully and openly at all levels - both inside our organisation and outside in the business.
- Ability and understanding to participate, communicate, positively contribute and add value in technical discussions with clients and LR colleagues alike.
- Enjoyment of building relationships, with the ability to pro-actively drive development of a network of key relationships internally and externally.
- Commercial awareness. Ability to develop strategic action plans based on input from key persons
- Strong team spirit. Demonstrate professional people skills and promote a team working environment across the area of business.
- Thorough understanding of the energy market and oil and gas environment to manage commercial focus and find new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate motivational skills in directing colleagues to achieve business objectives
- Flexible approach to adjust role as the position develops.