The successful candidate will become a member of a team responsible for the operation of a natural gas liquid fractionation [NGL] unit and associated facilities located at the Mont Belvieu, Texas facility. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct all job related tasks in a safe manner; comply with all governmental and corporate regulations (including site-specific procedures) related to occupational safety, employee health and the environment.
- Conduct periodic inspection of the facility and report any unsafe condition or, conditions posing a potential conflict with environmental permits or regulations to local management.
- Monitor operating conditions, report variances from normal conditions and take appropriate actions to maintain optimum process performance.
- Complete all assigned tasks in assigned area(s) of responsibility including those related to compliance assurance.
- Complete all deviation reports, including safety, environmental and work orders.
- Respond to any direction provided by the supervisor, and/or senior operator on the shift.
- Prepare portions of the facility or specific items of equipment for maintenance or repair.
- Execute all tasks related to startup and shutdown of equipment in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participate in emergency response activities.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Texas Driver's License
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts (days/night) shifts and will require working some weekends and nights.
- Willing to work overtime to meet business needs and critical activities including relief for employees on vacation or personal leave
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected crafts, personnel, contractors and customers
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
- Three years plant experience preferred
- Fractionation experience
- Degree or Certificate in Process Operations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.