Successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of a Natural Gas Liquid storage and distribution terminal located near Mont Belvieu, Texas. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Conduct all job related tasks in a safe manner; comply with all governmental and corporate regulations (including site-specific procedures) related to occupational safety, employee health and the environment.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the facility and report any unsafe condition or condition posing a potential conflict with environmental permits or regulations to local management.
- Monitor operating conditions, report variances from normal conditions and take appropriate actions to maintain optimum process performance.
- Work to meet all business needs safely, following all procedures
- Complete all assigned tasks in assigned area(s) of responsibility including those related to compliance assurance.
- Respond to any direction provided by the supervisor and/or lead operator on the shift.
- Prepare portions of the facility or specific items of equipment for maintenance or repair. (Lock-out/Tag-out, Permit writing)
- Execute all tasks related to startup and shutdown of equipment in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participate in emergency response activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driverâ€™s license
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
- Must be able to learn Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
- Minumum of one year work experience in a liquid petroleum facility
- One year of college/ Certification/ or worked within a hydrocarbon or chemical facility
- Beeing a self starter, and ability to work with peers in collaborative efforts
- Be able to work with customers and verify product flows and volumes
- Willing to learn all areas of the Terminal operations
- Experience with a Computer based management system (SAP. Maximo)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.