Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Paramedic / Nurse
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Lead, manage and implement all health functional support and services to all Shell Downstream Businesses and related functions in Malaysia, ensuring compliance with legal regulations and related Shell HSSE Management Systems requirements.
- Advise on clinical, occupational, community and environmental health issues associated with business activities and living environment, which may have litigation, reputation or another business risk
- Assure alignment with Group health standards, procedures, and processes.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant health legislation in the country.
- Health focal point in the event of a medical emergency, infectious disease outbreak or when employee medical evacuation is required.
- Ensure that individual business unit's medical emergency response plans are in place and adequate. This includes matters pertaining to first aid training, emergency equipment and selection of hospitals or institutions.
- Support implementation and embedding of Health Management Standards and health requirements as per HSSE CF within the various business units.
- Act as a specialist resource in occupational and environmental health matters
- Report to businesses on health performance, including occupational illnesses.
- Act as Auditor and SME for Health in Group HSSE CF and internal audits
- Act as Health Project Owner for local projects (Downstream projects) and deliver health support as per Health Plan
- Managerial accountability and coordination for Occupational Health support and services to all Shell Malaysia Downstream business and related functions in East and West Malaysia
- Support HSSE Manager and advisors of various DS businesses, Business Unit Managers, HR managers and advisors in implementation of health services, including mandatory HSSE CF requirements and local regulation.
- Assessing compliance needs and strategizing compliance support to businesses
- Assuring quality of health and medical service support to the Shell Malaysia client base
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.
- Recognized Medical Degree registered with the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- Minimum 10 years post-graduation working experience, with the last 5 years in occupational Health
- Post-graduate qualification (Membership or Masters) in Occupational Health
- Experience in project health management
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is advantageous
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical skills - dealing with data and implementing evaluations; identifying and reporting risk issues
- Good understanding and experience of managing partner and stakeholder relationships
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video