Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Legal
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The role's primary objective is to support and conduct investigations into potential breaches of the Code of Conduct, company policy and the law to maximize success and minimize liability and to effectively facilitate management decision-making including consequence management.
Investigations may involve but are not limited to, fraud, theft, bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, anti-trust and may involve employees, contract employees, vendors/suppliers, and others.
- Conduct, i.e. plan and execute, investigations into possible violations of the Code of Conduct, company policy and relevant laws.
- Identify accounting and internal control weaknesses and determine the quantum of potential and actual loss.
- Should have detailed knowledge of accounting records and systems and a working knowledge of forensic data interrogation techniques.
- Maintain strict confidentiality, independence and standards of professionalism in the conduct and management of investigations.
- The role requires conducting witness and subject interviews, the collection, preservation, and analysis of evidence (digital and hard copy) to appropriate court standards, as well as an understanding of criminal and civil law.
- Will be required to prepare detailed written investigation reports subject to third party review (civil and/or criminal) and testify as required in legal proceedings.
- Effectively manage whistle-blowers, maintaining the strictest confidence.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and will be required to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with other departments within Shell at various levels of management.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and be able to work with minimum supervision, but should also be able to integrate effectively into a team environment, participate actively in delivering departmental goals and demonstrate strong collaborative and co-operative skills.
- Liaise effectively and maintain a network of contacts with the relevant law enforcement and criminal justice bodies.
- Interact effectively with and in some cases, manage third party contractors, forensic accounting firms and forensic IT contractors.
- Respond to company emergency situations, which may include the requirement to travel at short notice.
- Expected to participate in various audit activities as needed. The role requires travel of up to approximately 30% although this is variable depending on demand to conduct and/or assist with investigations relating to Shell businesses located in Asia Pacific region and other countries as required.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.
- Master in (Forensic) Accounting, Criminal Justice or Law with a minimum of ten years of relevant experience
- Proven experience with substantial law enforcement in conducting investigations into fraud or financial crime
- Proven experience with forensic accounting including accounting records, systems and a working knowledge of forensic data interrogation techniques
- Experienced traveler, proven ability to operate in culturally sensitive situations whilst having a strong backbone
- Finance, Contracting & Procurement, Legal, IT or project management skills and experience within a major corporate would also be an advantage
- Language skills: English is a must (fluent), Bahasa and/or Thai and/or Hindi is a plus
- Strong conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills; someone who can grasp complex situations, a proven track record of analyzing vast amounts of data and information and cut through to the key elements without getting lost in the detail (Speed and Simplicity).
- Ability to judge an audience and deliver information in a relevant, concise and clear manner.
- Highly collaborative; an open individual with the highest level of integrity and loyalty who can work successfully with multi-disciplinary, multi-national teams.
- A confident, self-starting individual full of ideas and energy. Hard worker. He/She will have the ability to make things happen.
- A first-class communicator (verbal and written) who is results orientated and possesses sound judgment to match the requirements of assessing compliance matters in an international context.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video