Skills: Project Engineer, Cost Engineer, Planner / Scheduler
Other Skills: Planning Engineer, Cost Controller
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of our Projects team where your primary focus will be to support the delivery of the Projects Portfolio. You will be responsible for the production of robust project cost reports and schedules as well as providing project support through adequate cost and schedule analysis.
Reporting directly into the SNS Projects Manager, this role offers autonomy and you will be expected to prioritise and have accountability for your workload. You should have a broad breadth of cost control and planning knowledge that can be applied to Perenco UK's requirements to ensure that we make best use of our resources and Operational delivery. You will need to be enthusiastic, hands on and pro-active with the ability to maintain attention to detail in your work.
This position is based in Norwich, working Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
• Produce monthly Project cost reports
• Maintain cost records (AFE, Commitments, Costs, Forecast, Phasing) in support of the various projects
• Prepare and submit monthly accruals to Financial Timetable Critical Review of costs and raising correction journals
• Check / challenge and sign off PR's (ad hoc raising of PR's), checking PO's where required
• Prepare monthly cash calls / cash flows to Financial Timetable
• Prepare ad hoc cost data for management - presentation as required
• Engage with audit (internal / external) for validation / defence of costing methodology
• Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded
• Provide cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
• Ensure effective project implementation and utilise productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project
• Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT and external clients
• Provide cost control advice to the internal PMT team as and when required.
• Create multi-discipline EPIC schedules down to deliverable / activity level (L5)
• Perform Critical Path Analysis
• Support the project management team in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects
• Work in collaboration with project management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting
• Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems
• Monitor Project Team work load through Resource Allocation Plans and produce relevant histograms in order to determine workloads and priorities of group resources
• Coordinate with other teams within the organisation to ensure delivery of project activities are to time and budget
• Liaise with logistics planners to ensure helicopter and boat resources are available and efficiency maximised
• Chair planning reviews when required
• Identify resource requirements for project activities and add to the plan in accordance with the project management system procedures
• Manage the updating process to ensure that plans are current and reflect project progress
• Attend project team meetings and take minutes as requested by the Project Manager
Qualifications / Experience
• 3 - 5 years' experience in the Oil & Gas Industry in a cost / planning role
• Use of planning and IT tools i.e. P6, Microsoft Project, spreadsheets, Word etc.
• Good working knowledge of SAP
• Able to analyse cost reports and schedule, detect issues, and effectively communicate the project's performance, issues/concerns and recovery plans to the project team
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision