Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Principal Sustainability Consultant
Location: Whitechapel, London
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits package
REACH NEW HEIGHTS WITH A GLOBAL LEADER
Ready for your next challenge? We're looking for an ambitious and experienced Principal Sustainability Consultant with the skills, experience and personal attributes needed to make a difference in a global leading, €100M turnover business.
Acting as a senior member of the Sustainability and Assurance consulting group you will provide support, mentorship, and leadership to the team, ensuring the delivery of projects to budget and to the required quality, and taking an active role in business growth and development activities.
You will provide a point of reference on technical delivery and assist in the delivery of the business's budget and development plans.
GREAT WITH PEOPLE
This unique role offers the chance to join an influential team within a truly global leading organisation, working with some of the world's biggest brands. All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget; to manage resources in the delivery of the projects; to undertake regular project reviews and ensure quality of delivery
- To hold project progress and review meetings with project teams, and to provide regular feedback to team members
- Provide high quality technical consultancy to clients
- Pro-actively seek out opportunities to build relationships with our clients to give BV a clear insight into their business structure, operations and projects
- Support in the development, and play an active role in the delivery, of the annual Sustainability Business Plan on business development and sales
- Be Pro-active and entrepreneurial, with a keen interest in building the client base and identifying further opportunities for growth with existing customers
- Provide tender responses to client requests for work and input into large bids through the Bid Support Team, as required
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry trends and work with the internal stakeholders to ensure proposed client solutions are achievable, profitable, realistic, and meet client requirements
- Provide direction and performance management of staff
- Take ownership of individual utilisation target, and junior team members, as required
- Proactively seek out relationships and engage with people at all levels in the business
- Delivery of projects to the high quality standards required
Candidate requirements include:
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Membership of a professional body (e.g. IEMA)
- Sustainability consulting/advisory experience
- Experience in global sustainability and assurance standards and guidelines
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to encourage others to develop new skills and enhance existing ones
- Ability to think both globally and locally when developing and communicating objectives and strategies
- Strive to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there
- Detailed and in-depth understanding of commercial risk
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator and presenter, including the ability to write persuasively and effectively
- Strong motivator, relationship builder, and strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail, coupled with strong organizational skills
WORK FOR AN INDUSTRY LEADER
- Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.