Skills: Waste Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Port-Gentil, Gabon
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Assala Energy is a young and dynamic Oil and Gas Exploration and Production company with an exciting operated asset base in Gabon, firm core values and a keen sense of responsibility to our employees and stakeholders.
We are now looking for a creative and outcome-oriented waste specialist, who can support us in transforming existing practices, to ensure full alignment with the Assala Values, and drive a risk-based, fit-for purpose and dynamic approach to deliver our waste management strategy, management standards, commitments and objectives.
As the Head of Waste Management, your main focus will be on reducing legacy waste and improving management of operational waste. In doing so, you will be actively identifying, recommending, developing and implementing new ideas in waste management technics for treatment and disposal of waste, in a cost-effective and sustainable manner.
Your work scope will include:
- Preparation, coordination, steer and support of the planning, stock-taking, minimisation, transportation, disposal and reporting of the AG Waste Mgt System as per the compliance requirement
- Development, maintenance and implementation of: Waste Management Strategy and Waste Management Standards
- Organise in an efficient manner the backlog of accumulated legacy waste
- Design, construct and operate a new waste disposal facility
- To provide coaching to Operational Managers, Supervisors on waste management challenges, practices to effectively manage and forecast waste generation;
- To conduct Waste management audits for both internal and third party facilities, in compliance with waste Management standards and regulation (IFC, ISO 14001, ...etc)
- Continuous development of personnel, promotion of Assala Values and improvement of HSSE performance and Culture.
- Graduate in Environmental Sciences/Engineering or related fields with proven 8+ years of experience in the area of Waste Management, in an extractive industry, and ideally Upstream Oil and Gas
- Good understanding and application of international environmental regulatory and legislative regimes and policies
- Proven success in a similar role, ideally in Africa or in another emerging economy
- Ideally, you will have a technical background in treatment techniques of Upstream Oil and Gas waste types
- You also possess knowledge and experience managing vendors/service companies and are comfortable with the Contracts & Procurement process
- You are self-motivated, and have demonstrated excellent leadership and project management skills
- Culturally sensible, you appreciate the importance of excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact efficiently with internal and external stakeholders
- As this is a role based in a Francophone country, fluency in French is highly desirable.
This is a fixed term contract offered for 2 years as a resident, in Port Gentil, Gabon. You will be supported with the various expenses such posting will entail, including accommodation, transport, tickets to your home location as well as relocation from and to your home country.
Please note that Assala Energy does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies outside our PSL, and we take no responsibility for fees that may arise as a result.