Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will provide support to the business units and Supply Chain Management through investigation, risk assessments, analysis and resolution of supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects. This individual will also be responsible for building relationships with key suppliers to ensure Oceaneering's quality needs and Supplier Quality objectives are met.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with Supply Chain Managers (SCM) to identify potential suppliers who are at risk (Annual Risk Assessments)
- Conduct audits with SCM to identify and validate new suppliers
- Conduct audits and risk assessments of suppliers identified by SCM
- Provide supplier quality report and trends to business units
- Ensure timely follow up with suppliers on NC to support production
- Oversee and understand the gaps/bottlenecks for each BU and provide direction to the team to initiate investigation with supplier
- Actively communicate with SCM Buyer/Receiving team to ensure all dispositioned NC parts to/from vendor are handled timely with proper documents
- Periodically make physical visits to business units; set up meeting with team to discuss supplier related concerns and defects
- Coordinate the FAI activities within QC, Engineering and other departments
- Identify and coordinate the requirements to deliver Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCARs)
- Work with the Global Solutions managers to analyze non-conformance data and provide recommendations for CAPAs
- Develop the strategy and execute on a proactive, risk-based Supplier Management Governance Process that reviews Supplier Performance and trending for items such as NC's, CAPA's, SCAPA's, Audit Results etc.
- Design and maintain supplier quality policies, procedures and performance standards to achieve stated goals, objectives and strategies
- Support the evaluation of new suppliers and/or changes to the Approved Supplier List
- Oversee supplier process management, i.e. risk management, quality assurance agreements, control plans, supplier assessments/audits, submitted validations, process failure modes and effects analysis (pFMEA), CTQ cascades and supplier inspection plan/method evaluations
- Lead / perform supplier audits on a regular cadence as identified by the prescribed selection methods; assist in identifying and prioritizing supplier audits
- Build relationships with key suppliers to ensure Oceaneering's quality needs are met; work directly with supplier locations to assist with problem resolution and opportunities for optimization
- Identify and team-up with other cross-functional groups to plan and execute recommended supplier quality improvements and qualifications
- Assess supplier process capability in correlation with new product development, initial supplier selection, and specification improvements
- Work with suppliers to develop robust supplier root cause analysis, corrective action plans, containment plans and ensure execution for on-time implementation of planned activities
- Analyze and rationalize product and supplier specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility
- Interact with Quality leads to comprehend customer expectations and requirements in order to identify opportunities to improve quality with suppliers
Supplier Performance Monitoring
- Work with SCM on Supplier development
- Work with Regional Quality Managers to recommend Corrective actions when required.
- Work with the Audit COE to conduct appropriate Supplier audits when required
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Support new product launches to ensure that supplier quality meets the required standards
- Facilitate root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
- Deliver training of quality awareness
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Lead supplier quality audits
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Communicate efficiently throughout the shop floor and with own and customer's management
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
- Diplomatic approach to relationships
- Bachelor degree in engineering or technical field, preferably in Quality, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of experience in Quality Engineering/Supplier Quality Engineering including knowledge of various quality system methodologies 5 Why's, Pareto Analysis, DFMEA, PFEMA, etc.
- 4+ years working with ISO 9001 QMS requirements
- 4+ years experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of project management (experience preferred)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision
- Qualified and competent as a ISO 9001 lead auditor
- Risk Management Experience
- Experience with forgings, castings, and machining principles
- Knowledge of metallurgy
- Experience with various Engineering disciplines (electrical/mechanical/software)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.