Shell is a willing and able player in the energy transition with the ultimate objective of maintaining a sustainable business model. As a part of this, we are growing our New Energies and Offshore Wind portfolio by developing new sites and through buying into projects started by others. The offshore wind market is growing in size and competitiveness. The offshore wind team is growing in size to enable Shell to successfully participate in these opportunities.What's the role?
Offshore Wind Electrical Lead will be a member of the Offshore Wind Business Development team in New Energies. The Electrical lead is responsible for managing grid code compliance, connecting power plants to the grid and project management.What will you do:
- Managing the fabrication and installation of the offshore inter-array cables, export cables, and shore-line approach up to the onshore electrical substation.
- Supporting the grid connection process and onshore cable routing for Mayflower wind.
- Supporting the development of the offshore wind farm by managing the scope of the electrical systems and equipment as part of the project team.
- Advising on the overall electrical design of the wind farm and any co-located loads.
- Advising on the commercial/technical/compliance aspects of the grid connection of the wind farm.
- Advising on the design of the transmission system balancing technical and commercial requirements.
- Working with external consultants, suppliers, and contractors to conduct detailed studies where necessary.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements What we need from you
An innovative place to work
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineer or any related
- Minimum (10) ten years of experience in energy related industry and applications including power system design, power generation, interconnection, transmission and distribution systems; experience in various power generation, transmission, distribution, protection and equipment selection.
- Experience with US grid laws and regulation is a plus
- Offshore installation experience, in particular for electrical cables and umbilical is an advantage.
- Must have experience in project management with electrical systems.
- Project delivery experience leading scopes.
- Experience with offshore wind projects is a strong plus
- Knowledge of the design and development of offshore wind farms, including related transmission infrastructure is a plus.
- Effective communicator with ability to collaborate and integrate the many parties usually at the table
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.