Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Principal Instrument Engineer, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Instrumentation & Control Technical Authority. The ideal candidate shall be a highly motivated engineer with experience in project and operational support roles.
- Ensuring that standards, specifications and guidelines pertaining to the Instrumentation and Control discipline conform to the requirements of relevant industry legislation, standards, and guidance
- Effective prioritisation of ops support/own projects and tasks to ensure delivery on time and within budget
- Provide specialist support and advice to other departments within the organisation; including, Operations, HES, Decommissioning, IT, F&A, Commercial, and Drilling.
- The candidate shall have had previous experience executing control and instrumentation project work in the oil and gas industry.
- General control of project work including look-ahead planning, controlling budgets and schedules, change control, estimating activities, document management system set-up and weekly progress reporting
- Reviewing client and international standards and ensuring project compliance
- Developing project functional requirements specifications for control systems, SIS, F&G and instrumentation
- Carry out feasibility studies and reviewing design alternatives
- Develop instrument databases
- Participate in design reviews including HAZOP SIL/LOPA, hazardous area, constructability, etc.
- Perform calculations for intrinsic safety, SIL verification, flow metering sizing, valve sizing, thermowells, etc.
- Manage the preparation of design deliverables
- Develop the control and instrumentation content of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs)
- Liaise with and manage interfaces with other engineering disciplines; process, electrical, mechanical, piping and civils and architectural
- Interface with clients' engineering representatives
- Prepare subcontract requisitions for E&I installation and testing.
- Oil and Gas industry experience
- Degree in an Engineering discipline although relevant experience or related qualification will also be considered
- Detailed knowledge and experience with design and operation of Oil and Gas installations, including DCS, ESD, F&G, and process instrumentation for use in hazardous area environments
- Experience in provision of engineering support to offshore operations
- Experience in planning and delivery of technical projects
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Self-starter who drives for results
- Fully conversant with relevant industry legislative requirements, standards, and guidance
- TUV Certified (Preferred)
- Chartered Engineer Status, or working toward this