Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Field Specialist- Logging While Drilling (LWD)Essential Responsibilities:
- Providing realtime monitoring and interpretation of measurement and logging data
- Accurate Depth Tracking including tide correction.
- Recognizing the operational status of field equipment at the well site and maintaining it when appropriate.
- QC and delivery of Drilling and Formation Evaluation data
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and Customer representatives both offshore and onshore
- Active participation in Safety culture of BHGE and Customer
- Geoscience or Engineering Degree qualification is essential
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills and demonstrated excellent customer awareness
- Good technical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Ability to take direction and work efficiently in teams
- Must be able to work 12 hour day and/or night shifts as required
- Convenient access to a domestic airport or rail link is essential for travel.
- Willing to take on responsibility and be accountable for their action.
A Good team player.
- Time spent as a Mudlogger is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and speaking in English.
Excellent computer skills.
- On-going role in Health, Safety & Environment compliance.
- Willing to work as a classified worker and assist in handling radio-active sources.
- Willing to work towards progressing to become a RPS. (Radiation Protection Supervisor)
- Mainly UK, but could be rotated in Europe region.(Netherlands, Norway)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more