Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Contracts Engineer, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
Supporting the contract management of executed Tier 1 contracts through project delivery to contract close out. Additionally, implementing Company's contracting requirements of wells equipment and services for the Company's drilling campaigns covering multiple projects.
Member of a team tasked with implementing Company's contracting requirements, whilst ensuring that expenditure and commitments are made in a cost-effective manner and all risks are understood, all in accordance with the Company Procurement Policy and Procedures.
- Supply market analysis
- Design, approval and implementation of Contract Strategies
- Preparation and implementation of ITT packages.
- Analysis, evaluation and clarification of proposals
- Negotiation of contracts; terms and conditions, risk allocation, and remuneration formats in line with strategy
- Preparation of final contract documents, drafting of internal recommendations, obtaining approval and execution of final contract.
Administer the contract through its life cycle including long term performance management where applicable. This may include;
- Rate reviews, amendments, variations, milestone payments, completion/handover obligations, dispute resolution, P2P.
- Raising of Purchase Orders/Call Offs from approved requisitions, applying appropriate diligence in pricing and T&Cs,
- Assurance of all contract documentation requirements relating to new contracts (inc. Insurance documentation) and maintenance of existing contract documentation.
- Manage and update SCM databases, such as the Contracts Register, Demand Plans, prepare spend analysis etc.
- Analysis of data to support contracting strategies, demand planning and management information.
- Providing key support to the Contract Managers and other stakeholders in the performance management of the Contract portfolio.
Liaison and relationship building with technical departments, assistance in compiling agreed procurement and contracting strategies and supporting all contract management activities Meeting deadlines Minimising Contractual Risk Optimising technical and commercial outcomes.
Promoting good SCM practice across business
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
To be determined commensurate with experience and contract portfolio Supporting the Contract Managers and Asset Managers in managing their cost and spend profiles.
- Degree qualified in relevant subject (preferably QS, Business, Law or technical) or equivalent experience
Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours) Skills / experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Oil and Gas Operator and Service Company Experience preferred Excellent Communication and relationship skills Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
- Knowledge of standard forms of contracts, conditions and conventions prevalent in North Sea Oil and Gas Microsoft Office - Excel, word and Powerpoint, outlook Business Systems - Maximo Attributes and behaviours:
- Communicates openly and effectively and appropriately with a variety of stakeholders including external partners, teams, colleagues and contacts.
- Maintains working relationships with partners. Works effectively within a team or work group as appropriate.
- Solves work-related problems effectively with minimal support.
- Provides support and contributes to the performance of the business. Manages own workload and, where applicable, the workload of others.
- Takes ownership of own performance and development. Assists and supports the development of others.
- Persuades and influences peers and managers through consideration of their interests, involvement and consultation.