Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Role Summary:
The Manager will be accountable for positioning and messaging strategy, as well as developing and implementing a thought leadership and reputation strategy that helps protect, build and enhance the BHGE reputation and objectives globally. The role involves long-term planning and contributes to deliver the overall strategy through proactive and constructive external positioning of the company and its engagement with stakeholders. Essential Responsibilities:Supporting enterprise-level priorities:
Partnering with comms colleagues:
- Partners to develop messaging and external positioning for the company and its leaders. Develops unified messaging approach for external positioning opportunities that ensures consistency globally.
- Supports and builds thought leadership strategy and activation based on thorough analysis of the company's thought leadership potential in key areas relevant to the business.
- Provides advice and counsel to senior leaders and key personnel on effective communications and positioning.
- Partners with comms team to define and create global narrative priorities for the company based on strategic business objectives.
- Creates and maintains storytelling and positioning resources and platforms; Maintains editorial content calendar and tracking at enterprise level.
- Plans and directs public relations activities for BHGE products and technology to support overall marketing goals and business objectives.
- Leads company's reputation management response, process and tracking, Develops global communications and engagement strategies to mitigate and respond.
- Builds and fosters relationships with influencers and stakeholders.
- Creates stakeholder engagement strategy and distribution plan to increase message penetration with targeted influencers.
- Identifies and supports major enterprise, Tier 1 industry events.
- Prepares media and stakeholder briefing information for executives and senior leaders; Staffs media and stakeholder meetings.
- Supports consistent, positive media coverage through strategic storytelling.
- Supports development of tools and clear processes to support external affairs for the function.
- Contributes to EA team's measurement and reporting of quarterly objectives.
- Partners with product company, regional communications and brand leaders to define and create narrative priorities that enhance communications objectives and positioning, and to enhance our reputation and business priorities to media, investors, customers and influencers.
- Support issues management approach. Ensures that issue advocacy and crisis preparedness is aligned with enterprise tracking.
- Supports and builds thought leadership strategy based on thorough analysis of the company's thought leadership potential in key areas relevant to the business.
- Maintains close working relationships with the product companies and the regions and collaborates across to engage external audiences through media and stakeholder outreach.
- Partner with engineering team and communications leader for technical thought leadership strategy and positioning support.
- Supports Line of Sight process to ensure activities are anticipated and planned in advance.
- Collaborates with Culture comms to ensure consistent messaging and story-sharing across internal channels.
- Collaborates with Social Media and Digital Platforms to present unified messages on all media and social media channels.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in journalism or communications or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement communication campaigns
- Strong writer, able to digest complicated information into concise messages
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proven experience in communications, in an international environment
- Proven oil and gas industry experience
- Understanding of measurement and evaluation in communications
- Digital media strategic expertise
- Ability to handle crises and to work several projects simultaneously
- Ability to absorb, digest and distil highly technical subject matter into clear and concise content for press releases, briefings etc.
- Strong influencing, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present compelling stories for a wide range of audiences
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization from senior level executives to all other employment segments, and effectively manage in a matrixed organization
- Clear thinker, with the ability to see and drive change
- Able to effectively manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Highly-inclusive, strong collaborator and team player
- Established relationships with relevant reporters and trade press
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Aberdeen, London, Nailsea
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working .