Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
* Prepare month-end general ledger journal entries and reconciliations
* Ensure accurate and timely monthly and year end close
* Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
* Communicate/provide general ledger information to co-workers, personnel outside of the accounting department, and management as needed
* Coordination of accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting team or with other departments
* Independently identify, research, and resolve accounting issues
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year accredited College or University
Minimum of 2-4 years accounting experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* MUST have experience in bank reconciliations
* Strong knowledge of GAAP/IFRS accounting principles
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
* High level of initiative and analytical skills
* Strong knowledge of Excel
* Strong familiarity with accounting software and programs
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.