Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator, Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview : Responsible for ensuring the blending of cement, chemicals and other additives is accurate and processed correctly and in appropriate amounts. Loads mixture into bulk trucks for delivery to work site locations.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to : Field Service Supervisor
Directs Reports : None
Major duties :
- Blend and mix all bulk products for delivery to the well site on time and as per the detailed design
- Orders products using the PO system
- Checks and/or calculates quantities of material blends required prior to loading
- Follows company quality assurance procedures to load transports
- Coordinates bulk products movement to and from the well site location
- Assists in the monthly inventory count
- Performs a daily check of bulk plant equipment and maintains and cleans equipment in the bulk plant and acid loading dock
- Receives bulk materials
- Loads, unloads and may deliver product using forklift and/or commercial motor vehicle
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Knowledge of basic mechanical functions
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- 1-year forklift experience
- CDL and 1-year experience
- Able to stand long periods while cargo is being loaded and unloaded
- Ability to climb stairs and/or ladders
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- This is a safety sensitive position. Essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment