Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Mazak Machinist (Wireline) to be located in Houston, TX.Essential Responsibilities:
- Sets-up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required
- Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers
- Must demonstrate intermediate skill level (indicate part, turn OD's, and qualify ID and OD) on at least two machines; CNC mill, CNC lathe, and NC (figure feed rates), manual mill, brouch, drill press, rework lathe/press lathe
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- 3+ years of related Machinist experience
- Operate Integrex E650/670
- 3 years minimum programming experience in Mazatrol
- Experience with sub-programming priorities
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T)
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
- Must be able to pass a background check and hair follicle drug test
- Experience running Mazak 650H/670H
- Manual Mill and Lathe experience