Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To provide support to the Alwyn and Dunbar Platforms (NNS) TOTAL IIM team based within the client's office, assist with the delivery requirements, and perform all duties in a highly competent and efficient manner.
- Assist in the preparation of inspection workpacks for assets.
- Operate Client MMS (e.g. DocUK, SAP, Fame+, Bi-Cycle).
- Assist with the review and quality assurance of workpack production.
- Create and maintain progress/ workpack trackers.
- Communicate progress to client, weekly report issued to Senior Inspection Engineer.
- Maintain Bi-Cycle system for NNS assets; linking workpacks and previous reports to future PM's.
- Maintain client databases.
- Assist in review of incoming workflow as instructed by Senior Engineers (Total) as required.
- Interface with Data support to ensure workflow is efficient.
- Retrieve project specific technical data from client's library/ documentation.
- Gather data from Engineering drawings and reports, as instructed.
- Utilise CAD software to construct composite isometrics for piping workpacks, as per client procedures.
- Focal point for any amendments to inspection drawings, corrections to be made and issued to DCT for upload.
- To implement any DCR's as requested by client.
- Ensure any modifications are captured within SAP hierarchy for NNS piping groups.
- Raise PMCR's to align SAP with RBA tool - Fame+.
- Update and amend SAP Workbooks (inspection routes, measuring points etc).
- Assist with the maintenance and input of project registers.
- Preparation and collation of operational data and reporting.
- Support the client and senior discipline engineers in the assessment of problems both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions etc.
- Assist in the preparation of workpacks for ad-hoc inspection campaigns.
- Interrogate daily reports submitted from site.
- Upload results for all validated inspection reports.
- Close out of Work Orders in accordance with Totals procedures.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with site personnel.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Asset Integrity KPI report.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Comply with HSE reporting to HSE onshore
- Adhere to OISL life saving rules at all times
- Collate all assets / contract timesheets and prepare billing trackers on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with commercial billing department for month end invoicing.
- Arrange training, accommodation and transport as and when required for TOTAL contract.
- Carry out site visits at the request of Sr. Engineer
- Report issues daily and progress with all works to TOTAL onshore Inspection Engineer
Qualifications / Experience
- HNC Mechanical Engineering (P)
- Flexible approach with ability to respond successfully to changing demands and conditions (E);
- Ability to communicate effectively at most levels within Oceaneering, Client and Vendor organisations on a wide variety of project related issues (E);
- Time management ensuring deliverables are completed within committed deadlines (E);
- Effective communication and sharing of best practice across project teams (P);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (E);
- Strong team building, motivation and leadership skills (E);
- Ability to work independently and proactively but also as part of a team (E)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.