Skills: Mechanical Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To assist the shutdown team in the effective provision of inspection and integrity services to Total and to ensure all plant and equipment on Total assets are inspected and certified in accordance with approved plans and work scopes
- Prepare Inspection workpacks for asset.
- Provide technical / engineering support and assistance to site based offshore teams in relation to scope.
- Assist in the review of completed inspection reports.
- To carry out Vessel inspections and report all defects to TOTAL onshore / offshore engineers.
- Assist in the development of specific integrity strategies.
- Operate MMS as directed.
- Maintain Inspection Query / Remedial Order Process and report
- Retrieve project specific technical data from client databases / systems
- Assist in the review of Asset specific operational reports, plans and identify events likely to impact on the inspection and corrosion monitoring programs
- Participate in/contribute to safety/risk analysis studies, HAZOPS, etc.
- Encourage the reporting of all incidents, ensure that incidents are investigated and monitor incident close-outs.
- Conduct ad-hoc technical surveys on site and at vendor/repair locations, providing detailed technical reports identifying problems and solutions and ensuring optimum performance from contractors
- Ensure all relevant operations and maintenance procedures and documentation are maintained in an accurate and current status and are available on request
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with site personnel through effective communication and by making visits to offshore installation frequently to scope works.
- Develop positive and constructive relationships with contractors and suppliers. Identify opportunities to improve contractor/supplier performance, reduce costs and improve the quality of services/products supplied.
- Support Senior Discipline Engineers in the assessment of problems / anomalies, both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, raising notifications and communicating plans.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Complete monthly HSE stats and report to HSE onshore e.g. RAD audits, Permit Audits, STOP audits, Deal Feedback Cards and any safety observation and report any remedial progress
- Adhere to OISL life saving rules at all times
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- Report issues daily and progress all works to TOTAL onshore teams
- Assign tasks and supervise all technical personnel on site for task for the inspection department
- Cascade information to Oceaneering support staff based at clients office
- HNC / HND Mechanical Engineering (P)
- Minimum 10 years Inspection experience in Oil and Gas as OIE (P)
- ASME Plant Inspection Level 2 (P)
- CSWIP UT in-service Inspector level 2 (E)
- BSc Science or Engineering related discipline (P)
- Membership of a recognised Institute and accreditation with Engineering Council (P)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.