Our Client,Teck Coal is currently looking for a full time permanent Heavy Duty Mechanic to work in Sparwood, BC.
- Maintenance and repair of mobile mining equipment including shovels, graders, trucks, loaders and other heavy duty equipment
- Please refer to Heavy Duty Mechanic Info Sheet for fleet list
- Diagnose equipment problems using electronic systems such as CAT ET, CAT SIS, Cummins Insite, Detroit DDEC
- Working on up to 7 programs - For Example: CAT, Komatsu, John Deer, Kenworth, P+H, Letourneau
- Major component replacement such as (engines, transmission, cooling systems, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch and differentials
- Limited time spent with disassembly and reassembly of components such as engines, transmission, cooling system, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch and differential
- Everyone starts in the shop and gets paired up with a mechanic to train. We split our operations between and pit (field) or shop.
- Pit is responsible for running repair and everything to keep the equipment running (troubleshooting). Employees have the opportunity to bid into running repair
- Shop will perform main work, brakes, engines, transmissions, cooling systems, assembly, disassembly, preventative maintenance.
- We run our mechanic apprenticeship programs, so must be open to supervising these apprenticeship
- Fast paced shop
- Ability to write detailed electronic work orders (Stories)
- Large shop with a variety of personalities. Must be able to take constructive criticism, and ability to handle confrontation
- Shop is approximately 1 km long (depending on site)
- Projects on the Go
- Drones used for inspections
- MEM (Mobile Equipment Maintenance)/Asset Health
- Interprovincial Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic On and Off Road
- Valid Drivers License
- Mining Experience an asset
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.