The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for the installation/maintenance and proper function of mechanical equipment including; pumps, centrifical compressors, gas turbines, gear boxes, cooling fans, couplings, seals, valves and all other rotating equipment.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technician will be required to safely perform structured preventative and corrective maintenance assingments using written job plans procedures, and completing work orders within the CMMS sytem, Maximo
- Must be proficient or have the ability to learn use of tools including; hydralic torque wrenches, laser alignment, dial indicators, micrometers and other precision tools.
- Safely Operate industrial equipment such as forklifts and man lifts.
- Train and Obtain DOT qualifications to perform certain DOT pipeline tasks
- Safely perform various maintenance activities on DOT regulated pipelines
- Assist operations and other maintenance goups when needed.
- Oversee contractors and or projects within the facility.
- Performs ES&H work related duties as needed.
- Utilize and follow all safe work practices and procedures including Lockout / Tagout
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Requires ability to ride a bicycle and drive a motor vehicle.
- Valid driverâ€™s license.
- Continued employment and promotion to higher levels achieved by demonstrating ability to perform required procedures in a safe manner and available openings.
- Ability to read and understand piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills that help establish a supportive climate with others.
- Basic job related computer knowledge.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field condition
- Regular and reliable attendance
- 5 years previous experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience with single & multi-stage high-pressure pumps, compressors, and gas-fired turbines.
- Experience in DOT regulated pipeline activities
- Ability to troubleshoot process issues as required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.