Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
As Manufacturing Engineer for Composite, you will be accountable for smooth and efficient running of the composite manufacturing process, supporting the NPI program in transition to manufacture. Essential Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Engineer will be the interface between manufacturing and technology teams for the composite program and will work closely with Production Engineering, Production Supervision and Maintenance teams to ensure smooth operation of the Composite work centre. Key responsibilities:
- Produce and issue set-up data, and instructions for the running of the work centre
- Responsible for verifying that all necessary equipment / tools are available, correct and in full working order for the designated task, before commencement and at completion of the task
- Operate work centre equipment, including visually observing and periodically checking all operating parameters of equipment
- Develop, maintain and improve standard rates for work centre.
- Responsible for creation and approval of Risk Assessments (RA's) and Standard Operating Instructions (SOI's) for equipment and processes
- Assist Production Engineering in tracking process problems and recommending/ implementing corrective actions.
- Liaise with Technology, Planning, Quality, Maintenance and Production Shift Lead to ensure smooth operation of work centre and ensure adherence to Composite introduction timeline.
- Lead by example, actively support engage in all EHS activity, company policies and procedures, representing work centre at monthly HSE meetings.
- Responsible for assuring that work centre cleanliness, material and equipment storage area, are in accordance with company operating policies
- Perform other duties as required by the Manufacturing Leadership team
- A minimum of an HNC or equivalent in a science or Mechanical / Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, engineering drawings, product specifications, industry codes, and ISO regulations.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management, and diverse audiences, including suppliers and internal/external customers.
- Proven attention to detail, with excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and personal organization skills. Proven capacity to analyse data to make sound decisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
- Experience with industrialization of composite application for flexible pipe.
- Experience with Class 4 Laser operation.
- Familiarity with Solid Works, GenSuite and SupportCentral is a benefit.
- Familiarity with Oil & Gas Industry.
- Tenacious, solutions driven, capable of remaining flexible to changing work priorities.
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills.
- Experience with Lean principles.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, with the ability to bring assignments to a successful completion.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more