Skills: Cementing, Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: Doha, Qatar
The Cementing Field Specialist is responsible for organizing, overseeing, and performing all types of cementing jobs. A key aspect of this position is the expectation for delivery of services with flawless quality and no HSE incidents.
- Perform risk analysis before each job or task, correcting conditions or reporting potential hazards.
- Oversee complete client wellsite service delivery process.
- Arrival on location of all people, equipment, and materials; readiness of equipment and personnel to perform job according to design and client specifications, with no deviations from service quality requirements and with contingency plans in place.
- Prejob meetings with client and third-party personnel.
- Identification of potential unplanned changes to wellsite job program and initiation of Management of Change procedure(s).
- Complete pre- and postjob paperwork and job tickets.
- Ensure preventive postjob maintenance on equipment is performed and equipment is in safe, clean, and proper working condition for the next service job.
- Perform service quality inspections and competency self-assessments.
- Participate in HSE and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Develop technical knowledge in cementing design and evaluation by working closely with mentor.
- Coach and mentor less experienced employees, acting as role model for all field operations people.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in pumping and supervising cement jobs preferably in offshore environment with knowledge of downhole tools.
- Able to work in Qatar as per the local regulations.
- Must be fluent in English.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.